Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sweet Turtle

So sorry I haven't blogged in a bit but I do have 2 copies of the Paper Crafts Special Issue Card Style to make up for it! :) Leave me a comment and I'll draw two names this Saturday, Sept 4 at 6pm EST.

I was out last week but I've been home -- just slowly trying to get back into the swing of things. :) I slept pretty much all weekend. I woke up to eat and then went right back to bed. 


I have an unhealthy obsessions with cute turtles. I think my obsession comes from when I was little and my mom always told me I was the little tortoise like "The Tortoise and the Hare" fable. Yeah I was a slow little kid. Haha!

This card is two-fold. I wanted to show my favorite small-handed crafty friend that even I can do crazy layers in my card and it works for the Bellariffic challenge of using animals. While making this card, I remembered why I stopped doing these types of cards. This took me FOREVER to pick my patterned papers, to pick my image, to layout my card, then relayout my card... yeah... keep it simple kids!

At CHA, I finally got a chance to take the Copic Certification Class. I've been waiting for years for them to come to a town I live in. Of course, after I signed up, I learned that they were coming to Da Burgh a month later... But anyways, I really wanted to get some more coloring experience in. I need to keep practicing - but I was happy with how this little critter turned out. I think I needed to take a little more color green from his belly to give it more of a rounded appearance. But eh...

Thanks for stopping by and have a grand day!

Just a reminder that I'll draw two names from the comments to win a copy of the Paper Crafts Special Issue Card Style! :)

35 comments:

  1. What a totally cute card, Belinda! So utterly adorable! I love your colouring, your Copic talent is super!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one turtley cute card!!! Your coloring is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Your coloring is great! I really need some coloring help, LOL! Love the papers you chose, they work so well with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, this is just TOO CUTE!!! I love this sweet card Belinda, your coloring is great and I love your paper choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - I love the little turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belinda, this is ADORABLE! Your coloring is FABULOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's super cute!!! The colors and coloring are perfect too... You're gonna convince me on copics yet, lol. :) Are you sure you don't like turtles cause you're thinking "tasty" ??? ;) sorry couldn't resist. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet turtle, gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well that turtle is cute. so even if you were a tortoise, i bet you were still a cute kid. love your coloring technique - that class paid off? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is too cute!! just makes me smile!! fabulous coloring, too! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That turtle is a cutie! Fantastic coloring AND layering. I especially like how the green DP looks like a turtle shell. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute !! would love to win that magazine...tks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's sweet that your mom called you her little tortoise! And this card is adorable even if it DID take you forever. Lucky you wiht the Copic class...I can only wish...*sigh* But your coloring is fab, so it obviously paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a great job with the coloring the turtle! I also always notice how well you stitch around the card--how do you get it so perfect? When I stitch it comes out all uneven and one side is usually in farther than the others--Help! Please enter me in your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful well put together card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your coloring is great - this guy sure is a cutie! The same thing happened to me with the Copic class .. figures it would end up in Pgh after you went to Chicago and I went to WV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous, cute card, I love that little guy and you colored him wonderfully. Sometimes we all just need a sleeping weekend to regroup, hope you are feeling rested :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belinda this is DARLING! I LOVE that sweet little turtle!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute turtle and you did a wonderful job on coloring him.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is absolutely adorable, Belinda! The turtle is perfect and I looooove the green patterned paper for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable little turtle this is. I have a small obsession with frogs and since my son was born a little obsession with turtles ( for some reason he reminded me of a cute little turtle when he was small, lol) I haven't tried the copics yet (I actually afraid of another obsession, lol) But I love the look so I'm going to have to break down and purchase some. Also Thanks for stopping by my blog, I always feel so honored when you leave a comment (on my apron cards) I know it sounds silly but heck you are an Idol winner, hee hee. Take Care!
    Froggie ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did a great job coloring him Belinda! And why do turtles have to be a "him," hmmmm? {grin}

    I wanted to ask how you colored the sky around him? See if it was me, I would have just outlined him with my B0000 marker (that's the only light blue color I have) but your way looks soooooo much better. So how did you do that? 'Cuz I LOVE it! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is soooo sweet!! Your coloring is beautiful, I love that turtle image. I think it was well worth the time. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  24. what an adorable card---great coloring!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Belinda, it is a sweet turtle! I love it!
    Greetings from Toronto/Canada,
    Nicole Boeckelken
    www.my-beautiful-paper.de

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so turtly great! She is so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a cute turtle and wonderfully colored Belinda! hope you are well rested now GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Belinda this card is perfect! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cute!!! Your coloring looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That little turtle is way cute! Fabulous colouring and love the PP you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Belinda, I love this! I am obsessed with turtle, too. I have so many knick knack that's turtle related. Totally love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous job coloring the turtle. He's super-cute, as is the card.

    It's that you've been certified. :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. That was supposed to be "nice" that you've been certified...

    ReplyDelete