Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thinking of You

Happy Saturday! It's a 3-day weekend here so we're totally just chilling. I told my hubs that because it's Labor Day weekend, we could relax on the veggies (and enjoy some burgers). He then asked if every weekend could be Labor Day weekend... geeze!

Anyways, on to the blog candy announcement: Giesle and Karen, come on down!
Email me with your addy (click on the contact me for my email) and I'll get the magazines out soon!


So I had cut a leaf image with my Slice. And I was sitting here staring at the negative, wondering what I might be able to do with it. And then I stared at the sample Tattered Angels mist that I got at CHA. And then I wondered how easy it would be make my own "masks". And so a few tries later, I ended up with this lovely leaf image sprayed onto my cardstock.

As an FYI, I tried using the original image and sprayed over it to see if it was a fun effect as well.... no. Or maybe my spray technique sucks. But either way, using the negative is fun and lets me use my scraps effectively.

The sentiment comes from Fancy Phrases -- I think every card I've made recently has a sentiment from that set. :) It truly is a versatile set. I tried to make it manly so every edge is inked and the edges are also distressed.

Ok, I think that's all. :) Have a grand weekend everyone!

14 comments:

  1. simply beautiful!! love the slightly distressed look! fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get any TA sample at CHA!!! sigh... Love this card, have you thought about me today? lol, did u vote for me? lol, hey, MUST ask eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So striking Belinda! Love the colours and the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Belinda! Such a super CAS design and I love that you used a negative to create the focal point!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea - now i have an excuse to save my die-cut scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your DIY leaf mask Belinda, it looks totally amazing.
    I like the idea of Labor day, might have to introduce it over here in the UK!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card Belinda, and great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really love this card. seems like a fun technique that i must put onto my to-try list. i especially love your inked edges - so clean and even.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool way to use the negative! Your card is so pretty - great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's what I love about paper crafters. They look at their stuff and see alternate possibilities.

    Great use of the negative produced a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete