Thursday, August 26, 2010

cheerio!

This is a pre-scheduled post

Thursday! :) One more day until I get to go home!

I never know if I'll have internet when I'm on a trip... I'm not a big fan of paying for internet (even when it's not my monies...) It's the principle! So I apologize for being super behind on commenting.


I love birds. I love silhouettes. I love music print. And so a card was born. :)

For the bird, I mirror stamped it. And then I realized it was too light for my taste. So I decided since I wanted the birds to be the same color, I went ahead and used glitter to cover it all up. Problem solved.  I really love this cooper glitter -- and will have to remember to pull it out again.

I love using the Cheerio sentiment from  Fancy Phrases. It's as if one bird is saying "Cheerio" to the other one. And the cheerio seems like something a bird would say... Well, at least in my mind they say things like Cheerio.  ;-)

The base is just a little bit of vellum. I like playing with texture and I won't lie. I needed something to use on the bottom of the base because I scored a piece of cardstock before realizing it wasn't a full A2 card size. Whoops... So what do you do? You fix it by adding some fun paper on the base.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of the week!

21 comments:

  1. I'm with you I love birds, silhouette....your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply FABULOUS!!!! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love that soft, pink ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your birdies, great idea to use the glitter on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulousness really, oh traveling for work is not though, well, we gots to what we gots to do keep the green coming in to buy more supplies, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is simply beautiful!!! i love your card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the soft pink, just beautiful.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo can one request a mirror stamping tutorial? :D this turned out really lovely. love everything from the birds, to the music to the label.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love the sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty,love the stip of embossed cs at the bottom:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those birds and the glitter too. Such a pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this Belinda!! The velum you added is a perfect touch!Hope your home safe and sound from your trip!!! (I agree I dont like to pay for internet.. GULP but we do sometimes! LOL!! )
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. Love the music print BG.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that big pink bow! Pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty, love the pink bow on kraft. Love your simple style.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm quite sure that birds speak to each other, so they might very well be saying "Cheerio".

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete