Thursday, September 9, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps Sept Preview - Day 1

Welcome to the first day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps September Release previews! The DT and I will be sharing projects over the next several days featuring FIVE new stamp sets that will be available for purchase at the Waltzingmouse web store on Sunday, September 12th. This is such a fun release -- lots of great all-season sets and fun Christmas sets!  Be sure to check out Claire, Anya, Bonnie, Carly, Jennifer, Julia, Laurie, Lisa, Lynn, and Mona, who all have fabulous projects to share with you!

Today I'm using a fab new addition to Spring Baskets called Bountiful Baskets Additions. Bountiful Baskets has many fun fall and Xmas images. The best part is that the baskets/images between Spring Baskets and Bountiful Baskets Additions are interchangable! How fun is that? There's so many fun images in just the additions set - which is a jam packed mini set. For today's post, I used only the images from the new set. :)

I love pumpkins! I managed to snag some pumpkins last year after a holiday work party. Hoping I'll be able to snatch some more this year. Apparently I'm the only crazy person who's willing to bring a few pumpkins home.

So it only seemed natural to pick the pumpkin image to color first. I did a subtle outline in a warm gray to give it a little highlight. The sentiment does come from Spring Baskets -- but I thought it was perfect for fall!


I love gingerbread men during the holiday season. I tried making them from scratch once but you can ask my old roommates -- they tasted like bbq sauce... something was just off.  But stamped gingerbread men never taste like bbq sauce. ;-)

The image was colored and then when I stamped the sentiment, I made a little boo-boo. I got a little ink on the top of my block and it hit the side of my basket. No worries... I used my copic multi-liner pen to add a little subtle table image. :) Fixed!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

34 comments:

  1. beautiful cards, Belinda! love the simple and fab designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards using the new stamps, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! These are gorgeous cards Belinda. And I must say I just love the fonts Claire has used for those sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, just adore your cards and those new stamps look amazing. I can't wait until Sunday ! Thank's for such a lovely preview of whats to come.

    Hugs,

    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Belinda,

    Very, very nice cards! These new stamps wil be wonderful!! I love the way you corrected your 'mistake' on the second card, that table line works perfect for this card!! Love them!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belinda, these are beautiful holiday cards, I love them both. The baskets full of goodies are just too cute aren't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this basket set, your coloring is awesome, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BBQ sauce gingerbread?? Sounds like a new invention or maybe not lol! Love both of these creations Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are beautiful! Love all the warm colors and those fun images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are adorable, Belinda! These designs are so sweet. I just love baskets, so this set is definitely for me! Thanks for sharing your artistry with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply so sweet and beautiful! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fabulous cards! I am in love with those stamped images! They look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful coloring on your baskets Belinda! two beautiful cards! love the tag on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! love the subtle table image!! lol, good thinking!! These are fabby CAS cards Belinda! I especially love the ginger guys on the oversized tag! cool ide! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your cards, Belinda. Great coloring! I especially like how you utilized a tag on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute cards Belinda! You did an awesome job coloring those darling images :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards. Love the designs, the tag is lovely. Great job with the stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! You wouldn't have known the mistake if you hadn't told us. You just make it look even better! :) Can't wait for the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet cards, Belinda! As for the gingerbread men, I like the smell of them more than the taste. Aren't the smells of the holidays just the best?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these baskets of goodies! Holiday yumminess!!
    Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are both so cute! and the table fix - it looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both are absolutely wonderful, love them!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both cards are fantastic. I love them.

    I'm glad you're a better card maker than a gingerbread baker! Ha! BBQ sauce???

    ReplyDelete
  24. when you said jam-packed, i was thinking jams in a basket, hello PC idol card. nice hack on the gingerbread basket. love your color technique on these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Belinda these are DARLING!!! BBQ sauce huh.. interesting! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simple, adorable cards! Great tip to fix your boo boo! I *love* those sorts of tips... I certainly put them to use!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are both so gorgeous, perfectly clean and crisp designs with such bold colors!

    ReplyDelete