Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blessed by You

ETA: Since someone asked, I should mention that the scallops were created with PTI's medium scallop die.

I love short weeks... somehow things seem to go much faster this way. :) Why can't every week be a three day weekend? Hah! But we gotta trek through this week!

As it's starting to be fall, I guess it's time to haul out the fall stamps now! :) The tree and sentiment are from Blessed By You from WMS. Remember with stamps, you don't have to stamp the full image onto your card. Sometimes just a partial image is fun. :)

For the edging on the scallop, I used an embossing pen to doodle along the edge and then added some gold embossing powder. I think it really lets each of the scallops stand out more. If you don't have an embossing pen, just a simple marker would do the trick as well.

I just cut the scallops out from some an old book. You know normally I'm a very rule-based person and I hate when text is vertical but with this card, I really kinda like the vintage text being vertical this time. With the scallops, this works for the Moxie Fab Offset Scallop Challenge. Haven't had a chance to play in awhile... but Cath does have some awesome challenges on the blog so play along if you have the chance!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fab week!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda,

    What a wonderful idea to use an embossing pen for the edges of those scallops! They look wonderful this way and it's a very, very beautiful card!! Love that tree, so pretty!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    P.S. You say: have a fab weekend... it's Tuesday, right?! Hi hi, weekend far out of sight for me... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Belinda! I love your card! That image is truly awesome! I just love that funky shape! And what a fabby and beautiful detail you added to the edge of your scallops!
    Oh, and completely agreed that all weeks should be short! I loved the short week! I hope this one goes by quickly for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love how you embossed the scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those embossed scallops are incredible! I always forget to use the embossing pen. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, love the embossing on the scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply fantastic - so classy and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card!
    The idea with the embossing pen is fantastic!So simple -and such a great effect!!
    Did you use a border punch for the scallops and if so which one?!

    Grüße
    Maren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card!! Love the scallop bottom! I sure wish I had a short week lol! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is Beautiful!! Love the gold embossing on the scallops :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creations are always so unique and elegant!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Belinda! I love the gold embossed scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the gold embossing powder is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, love the scallops and that tree:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the book print scallops...so fun! and that tree stamp is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its beautiful! Love the scallop with the gold embossing! perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's gorgeous! I love the gold leaf edged scallops. Such an elegant touch. I also love that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Belinda, this card is absolutely amazing! I love the tree image and the those gorgeous gilded edges on your text scallops...Brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card and I love the embossed edging on the scallops and the printed paper you used for them! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Belinda! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete