Friday, September 10, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps Sept Preview - Day 2

Welcome to day two of the Waltzingmouse Stamps previews for September! Aren't the sets you've seen fabulous so far? Any favorites so far?

Before I get started, I just wanted to remind you all to check out Claire, Anya, Bonnie, Carly, Jennifer, Julia, Laurie, Lisa, Lynn, and Mona, who all have fabulous projects to share with you!

Today I have a fun little set called Half Pint Heros. There's a fun set of little faces you can pick from -- and fun images you can put them in. I let my husband pick which little "boy" to pop inside the sub and this is the one he chose.

Well, when I first saw the sub, I decided I wanted to make a yellow submarine. While I was making this song, I kept singing "We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine... " And I used a silver gel pen to add some metallic aspects to the sub.

To make it appear more fun, I did cut out the windows and placed some acrylic behind the sub to give it a window look. It's not exactly showing up in the photos well... The small windows work perfectly with the crop-a-dile punch sizes.

27 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda,

    This card looks really, really wonderful!!! What a really cute submarine!!! love it and love the bubbled embossing and the wavy punches on the side! Good thinking!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute image and love this simple style card. Beautiful colours too - a classic idea for my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! I LOVE this yellow sub!! It's a gem Belinda!! love how you did the wee window too!! Thank you!! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply cute!! love that little sub!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant, LOVE the color choice, such a cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought of that song too as soon as I saw the card! LOL :) Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO much FUN, Belinda! Love the sweet color scheme and the CAS layout...makes the sub really shine! The bubbledy background is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belinda, this card is so darn cute! I just want to start singing "we all live in a yellow submarine" :) Love the embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your yellow submarine is so cute swimming through the embossed ocean Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to start investing in her stamps this card is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this song - yellow submarine!! Takes me way back Belinda! Perfect card - love the Cuttlebug bubbles too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable! I just love that little window on the submarine! And the embossing looks great too! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hee hee, this is just super ADORABLE Belinda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great card Belinda. Love how you popped the submarine up on dimension adhesive! Fab!
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! I felt compelled to color my sub yellow, too! These sets were so fun to play with, love your little windows!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super cute little yellow submarine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to live in your yellow submarine. On second thiught I better not , I'm claustrophobic! Thanks for the tip about the Crop A Dile and the windows

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is way too adorable your submarine! How did you get the background into nicely dented dots?? some true Asian technique I hope? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, this is so very adorable! Love the blue and yellow together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Belinda, I adore your Nutcracker card! Your coloring is fantastic, and I love how you pleated the paper at the bottom. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh swoon - the pic doesn't do it justice but i can see how the acrylic would work really well. what a lil cute submarine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my. That's sooo flippin' cute. I love that little smiley face in the porthole window of the sub. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete