Sunday, May 9, 2010

You are Missed

Hope everyone's having a grand Monday!

I stupidly stabbed my dominant thumb with a knife this weekend (while cleaning it... sigh...). At least today it doesn't hurt to type. But wow, what a horrible weekend... I couldn't do anything without help. Basically ended up just watching TV all weekend as I couldn't clean, couldn't cook, couldn't even open a water bottle... heck, even walking fast hurts since I tend to swing my arms (which then moves my hand and my thumb...)

Your dominant thumb is important...so don't try stabbing it with a knife...

Ok, enough with my complaining... and onto my card...

I had put these two stamps side by side to determine which one I wanted to use. And I thought, huh, it looks like that bird is lonely without his other birdy friend.

And so a "Miss You" card evolved.

I pierced a trail almost as if the little birdie just left. Perhaps the little birdie went to college or perhaps the little birdie decided to move or left for a new job. Lots of situations. :)


I wanted to use some twine to make it appear as if the birdcages were hanging from the ceiling. I used my piercer to poke a hole into the top of the birdcage and thread my twine through. And to add that little extra touch, I tied tiny little bows with my tiny little hands. Probably the only time tiny hands are awesome.



I had some scraps of Dear Lizzy paper laying on my desk so it got stitched to the side of this card.

I did run my clear souffle gel pen over the bird to give it a little something. It raises the texture ever so slightly and dries so much faster than glossy accents. :)

Ok, hope everyone has a good weekend and I'm going to go back to feeling sorry for my thumb (and my current inability to do anything including craft. Booo).


Stamps: (Asian Garden, Fancy Phrases) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Patterned Paper: (Dear Lizzy) American Crafts
Twine: May Arts

16 comments:

  1. I thought this was brilliant Belinda!!!! Genius idea and I so hope that tiny thumb is better soon!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I hope your thumb is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stripes on this Belinda! Hope your thumb feels better- that sounds like something I would do. I'm a total klutz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card. I know, from experience, how much you depend on your thumbs. Give it a big kiss:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Love it! This is so cute, love the layout. Hope your thumb is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ya love it when genius strikes!!! Your card is beautiful. I know how you feel about your thumb. I did something similar with a potato peeler this fall. Gosh those little appendages bleed so much and then hurt so much! I took the "thumb incident" as a sign I shouldn't cook anymore. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a BEAUTIFUL card!!! It evokes feeling...and that's hard to do! You've mastered it.

    So sorry you cut your thumb.....ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, hope your thumb will feel better soon! So many little nerves in there!

    Your card is so pretty and I love the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this card (and envelope)! The colors are great, and it's just right.

    Sorry about your thumb. I hope it feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this! It's so balanced with all the great vertical elements and pierced swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about your thumb Belinda! ouch! hope it's better by now - I love your fun design on this with the empty bird cage and flight pattern! great bright colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your bird card, saw it at SCS and had to come over, to look at your blog! Hope your thumb is getting better, try not to stab your precious fingers again! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a totally fabulous card. I love everything about it.

    Sorry your thumb got hurt and hope it's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card. Lovely idea with so many applications. No doubt your thumb is all healed by now (I hope)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool, awesome card! Hope you thumb is all better now!

    ReplyDelete