Saturday, May 29, 2010

Gallery Idol Top 20

Well, I think many you have seen this from nice notes people have sent me but... I'm one of the top 20 Paper Crafts Gallery Idol finalists this year. :)

I actually debated long and hard if I wanted to enter again given my new crazy schedule. However, I figured what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. And if I get into the program I want, then life is only going to get more hectic. If I don't... well some fun paper crafting goodies are surely a nice consolation prize (and will help me get over my rejection).

That and everyone needs a study break...

So here we are. I love banners. They make me happy.


I made this card during graduation weekend...the only card I managed to squeeze in that weekend with all the other festivities. I promised the hubs that I'd keep my craft area clean so I went with a super simple card with minimal scraps.

For the banners, I cut 3 strips of patterned paper and then diagonally cut them to create the banners. If you're careful about it, each piece you cut (sans the ends) go right into the card.

I love using the thin sentiments from round and round set from PTI. It's the perfect length and this time I curved it and stamped it 3 times for 3 banner strips.

To emphasize the thanks (and cos I realize that some people don't have eyes as sharp as mine), I stamped a much larger "Thank You".

Ok, that's all from me today. Gotta go prep for some Memorial Day BBQs, study some more, and well, clean....

Have a great weekend and for my US friends, have a great long weekend.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the top 20! Your card is adorable! Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on making the Top 20!!!!!!! LOVE your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the top 20!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making the top 20. Best of luck with the contest and with your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your banners! Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo hoo Belinda!!! you rock girl and best wishes with the rest of the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the top 20. And it looked like there was A LOT of competition. And your Moxie Fab win too. As soon as I saw you post that card on your blog, I knew it was a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BIG congrats Belinda!!! I loooove the banners, so stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and the great news. I love the banner card but can't seem to pull one off on my one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you made top 20, you ROCK Belinda! LOVE this...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a wonderful card as were all of your entries! Good luck, can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! You always do such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete