Thursday, May 20, 2010

Musical Thanks

Hope your week is going well so far! :)

The music is actually my old choir music... will have to dig up some more when I go home. The music is actually from an old Indian chant so the words totally don't make sense but who can even tell? I've saved all my old choir music thinking that one day I'd sing it again... Since I've been yelling at my hubs for being a pack rat, I decided I should make use of the things I've been hoarding as well.


The sentiment comes from no other than WMS's Earth Angel. That's probably my favorite sentiment from the set... but it curves oh so well. Don't you just love that about clear stamps? The flower is made from a scallop circle punch and then the edges are inked with plum pudding and the dye ink duos.

The pearls are actually liquid pearls from Ranger. I figured I use pearls soo much that I should try using some liquid pearls to see how well I liked them. So far, I'm a little undecided... mine are kinda pointy once dried and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

11 comments:

  1. Good for you, using old music. Your pearls don't look pointy to me, but then again I think your card is lovely. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Belinda. Those liquid pearls look perfect to me! That old sheet music comes in very handy with our wonderful hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love how you used your old music sheets too! If you lightly tap the back of the paper after you apply the liquid pearls it helps with the little peaks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this design! And beautiful colors! I love anything with music so this one is special for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the music paper, and love the curved sentiment around the gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a pretty use of your old sheet music. really makes for a great flower and card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, I love the colors! And what a great flower, too. I like how the sentiment curves around it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Belinda, I love how you've used your sheet music, gorgeous colours too! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card. BRAVO! Met you on Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of recycled sheet music. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Card!!!

    As for the pearls..did you tap the underside of the card after you made them? I hear it will get rid of the pointy peak. I also need to try them since I use pearls a lot.

    ReplyDelete