Monday, May 17, 2010

May Friends of WMS Blog Waltz

Today is the day! Our Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz focuses on birthdays this month. To see the full list of hoppers, start over at the Waltzingmouse House forum in The Play Room.

There will also be another thread in The Play Room for chat and to play along in our monthly blog waltz game. This time you will be looking for (and counting up) watermarks that look like teacups in the blog posts by the Design Team and Claire. A winner of a stamp set of choice will be drawn from all the correct answers! You'll have until 11:59 pm Pacific on Tuesday May 18th (7:50 am GMT on Wednesday May 19th) to complete the waltz and enter your guess(es).

So good luck to all and let us begin. :)

I'm going to apologize in advance for my photo... it was graduation weekend here in this household so I didn't get a chance to retake my photos.

To celebrate birthdays, I decided to do a bag and a tag this time around. Everyone needs a fun little bag to wrap wonderful gifts in.






For the I used Pic-Nic Patterns for much of the backgrounds.





The tag is created with the heart from Seasons of Love - Tags and the leaves for the berries are from Big Blooms Chrysanthemums. The sentiment comes from Earth Angel.



Just wanted to show the plaid a little more in detail. I actually layered the fat plaid with the skinnier plaid but it's not showing up as well. I'll try to fix it later.


Stamps: (Earth Angel, Seasons of Love - Tags, Pic-Nic Patterns, Big Blooms Chrysanthemums) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper, Ink: PTI
Ribbon:
Martha Stewart
Bag:
Michaels

40 comments:

  1. Beautiful Belinda~~ I've yet to try out my plaid stamp but as so loving these large border stamps and as a regular 'Bag decorator' think these will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the background stamps you used for your patterned paper. Gorgeous tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful gift bag Belinda! love the colors and the bg stamping! and using the leaves with the heart is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I've not used my plaid background yet, but you've truly inspired me to try it. Love this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love the fat plaid! Love the subdued colors and the tag is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plaid is to die for! Love the adorable tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I am in love with that pretty plaid design! So need that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lucky person who receives this! Great idea to jazz up the bag and the plaid is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable bag Belinda! Love all the soft colors and the plaid...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, such a soft and pretty gift bag, love that tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mega cute bag... just absolutely loving that wee tag also!
    Hugs
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely gift bag and tag! I love your soft color choices and the plaid is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous gift bag! Love the tag you created!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for a fun combination of stamps to create this fun gift bag! Very pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! The bag and the tag are jus perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastic I think I will have to buy this set!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful, Belinda. I really like how you used the various stamp sets together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't you LOVE LOVE LOVE background stamps?! I know I do. Your gift bag is really nice.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab bag, and a lovely use of all the different stamp sets. Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Belinda, this is tres, tres chic!!! I love the colours you used and your stamping is fabulous, such gorgeous backgrounds you made but that wee tag!! eekk that is just super sweet!!! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so lovely, the colours are so soft and subtle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty gift bag & that tag is darling! Who wouldn't love to receive a gift in this????

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Bag & Tag Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the soft color scheme and the clever use of the tag/leaves. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Look at that gorgeous plain Belinda! I've been intimidated by mine but you always inspire me and I am vowing to ink it up!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A gorgeous gift baggie and I love that heart tag!

    ReplyDelete
  27. THat's a great idea! I like the tag--it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Belinda this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the colors!!! and that tag is so CUTE!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely bag and tag. Now you are ready for the next gift giving in style. Call me crazy, I'm loving the leaves from Big Blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so impressed with all the plaid I'm seeing and your's amazing! The tag and layered paper on the bag are clean and crisp. It just makes the bag cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very pretty, Belinda! Love your bag and tag!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, this is just gorgeous. Those colours are just so soft and beautiful together and love the gift bag and tag to match combo. I really want to break out the plaid stamp in that set now and have a go!! Thanks for the inspiration x x

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great gift bag Belinda! That background stamp looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute bag - and those big scallops are a great counterpoint to the pic-nic patterns. Aren't the plaid stamps fun? By varying the strength of inks used (offstamping or second generation stamping) it is easy to create depth and realism. I think Claire has unleashed a whole new plaid-fad on the stamping world!

    ReplyDelete
  35. OH WOW that plaid is gorgeous! I wouldn't think to put those lovely pastels together with the gray, it's stunning! That tag is too cute with the little leafy top!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous project Belinda! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is fabulous. I love the color combination. It's so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete