Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hello!

Haven't posted in awhile -- not because I haven't stamped... ok so there is that... but some of my cards are en route and I try my best not to reveal those cards until I'm 50% sure they've gotten the card. What can I say, I'm only patient for so long.

This card is for someone who I'm 100% sure doesn't read my blog -- the day they do, pigs will fly.

I was in a spring mood (in Pittsburgh it warmed up after being frosty last week) and I just got this fun Kim Hughes set. And you know what you do with new sets? You ink them up! ;) I refuse to have an uninked set in my stash. So before any stamp set can be put away, they sit on my desk -- begging to be inked. Some beg longer than others but this one didn't have much of a chance to beg. When the hubs came home today, he handed me my fun package and I promptly cut this puppy up at the dinner table. Pretty sure no rubber landed in our food.... just kidding. ;-)

I placed the chickies on the same block and stamped them as if they were one stamp. I actually restamped a few times since initially I placed the chickies a little further apart and they didn't feel like a cohesive unit. I colored up these little chicks with my Copics. And still not entirely getting the hang of them... but it doesn't look too bad right? Just amuse me and say yes. :)

I placed the chickies on the same block and stamped them as if they were one stamp. I actually restamped a few times since initially I placed the chickies a little further apart and they didn't feel like a cohesive unit. I colored up these little chicks with my Copics. And still not entirely getting the hang of them... but it doesn't look too bad right? Just amuse me and say yes. :)

Joanne Basile (love her blog... I'm one of her blog stalkers...) has a fun tutorial for button bows -- yes, tying a ribbon is like tying a shoe, but I wasn't a good fluffer. So for this card, I fluffed that ribbon up real good. Of course right now, its smooshed in an envelope... All that ribbon fluffing so I could get a great photo. :)


Stamps: Sweet Spring - CHF
Paper: Bazzill, Making Memories
Ink: Noir (Palette), Tsukino
Accessories: Avocado Button (PTI), Lemon Tart Ribbon (PTI), Copics, White Gel Pen

18 comments:

  1. Cute, cute card! I love the colors together. Actually, I love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! I always put a note on my cards that says "please fluff the bow!!" *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great bright card Belinda! but now you're making me want spring and we have two seasons to go before that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! But you know how I am with husky birds.. hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute birdies and such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card is just so stinking cute! I love the color combo, the stamps and everything about it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So 'tweet' sorry, LOL, couldn't resist!! it's a real cutie wee card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so dang cute, Belinda!! The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. too cute Belinda! love those chickies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very refreshing and springy! I love those chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belinda how CUTE is this card! I LOVE it.. I am gonna peek at the link you shared too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just checking blogs this morning. Your card is darling--love the happy little chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the layout and colors on this card, nice arrangement.

    ReplyDelete