Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gradient Fun

So I meant to do a few posts when I was out on vacation but that went by the wayside in terms of priorities! Sorry guys! :) But the hubs and I had a lovely vacation to see some pretty leaves. Now its back to the daily grind -- what fun!

Cath challenged everyone to use gradients in this moxie fab challenge. I remember those fun gradient rainbow stamp pads that my piano teacher would use -- when we did a good job on a song, she'd stamp my music with a fun stamp. I loved getting stamps in my music book! This also works for the TSG23 challenge of using mono-chromatic colors. :)

So I decided to create a fun look based on those gradient pads I used to know and love. I cut 1 inch strips of different red shades of cardstock. I then adhered them to my card. I also stamped the butterfly in versamark and then embossed it. Love the way embossing just adds to the color.

For the sentiment, I decided I wanted it to cut through the entire gradient (rather than just part of it) so I masked the stamp and stamped happy twice before stamping the final happy birthday. The gem is a nice color that matched the ink (but its not showing up well in this pic... sigh)


Stamps: Verve, (Birthday Basics) PTI
Paper: (Scarlet Jewel, Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, White) PTI
Ink: Versamark, Raspberry Fizz (PTI)
Accessories: (Clear Embossing Powder) Ranger, (Gems) Hero Arts

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Something new for me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! You did a great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I really like your sentiment, too. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super pretty, nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the embossed butterflies, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Belinda!! So PRETTY!! Glad you had a FUN time on your get away!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Belinda! glad to hear you had a fun leaf peeping time! I love this gradient card - the colors are wonderful! super design on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the challenge, love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea and welcome back! After seeing all those leaves you made a card in . . . pink? :) Reminds me of the paint chip creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow, that is wonderful!!! Glad you had a nice vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Belinda! Thanks for entering the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job Belinda, I love the butterflies! Thanks for playing along in our TSG Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful job on the gradient challenge.

    ReplyDelete