Monday, September 14, 2009

Welcome Back Newlyweds

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend:) I quite enjoyed my weekend of watching men throw logs.

If you go on any adventures with me, you'd know that I'm not very good about keeping my mouth shut... I'm probably best kept 10 feet away from people or as my hubby as learned -- with food in one hand (as I'll be too busy eating to comment)

So during the log-throwing event, I mentioned that the log seemed a wee bit small (at only 17 feet). The old man in front of us turned around and asked "Young lady, did you expect them to toss a telephone pole?" Honestly... yes... with a little booze and some Scottish brawn... ;-) Hehe, in all seriousness, I was quite impressed with the log tossing abilities and it was quite an entertaining experience.

Anyhoo, enough about brawny Scottish men.... and onto cards! A friend asked for a card for a friend of theirs that just recently got married in Germany.

Since the sentiment was more personalized, I printed it out (which next time I'd actually measure a little better since I ran out of space on my first attempt). I embossed the image in silver and then added a fun punched border instead of using patterned paper.

They didn't request any certain colors so I went with my new fave color combo - gray and purple. I was watching "Design Star" (yes, I watch a lot of bad tv) and they re-did someone's office in those colors and it was just so fresh looking.

Hope you all have a great rest of the week!


Stamps: Inkadinkadoo
Paper: (White, Lavendar Moon) PTI, (Gray) Unknown
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: (Border Punch) Fiskars, (Silver EP) Ranger
Other: Sentiment printed from computer (Font - Chopin Script)

7 comments:

  1. No, please, more about the brawny Scotsmen! ;) Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! I like the idea of a card for newlyweds- makes me smile.

    Don't throw a log at me for saying that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!! And I've seen that log tossing event too, very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lil lady,
    the card was presented to the couple on their day of arrival (I was unable to make it), but she wrote me a wonderful text saying "A thousand thank yous for such a lovely card. That was so nice of you guys. The card is an absolutely a Belinda master piece. It really made us very happy."

    ok, that was a rough translation, but i wanted to fwd the kudos ;) thanks again. i think it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete