Monday, September 7, 2009

Snow globe!

Hope everyone had a grand Labor Day weekend! :) We've just been relaxing for the most part. The bbq yesterday was lovely -- absolutely perfect weather!

I'm slipping in with this fun Moxie Fab challenge. This challenge was to stamp something! :) I've always loved snow globes so what better way to get into the holiday spirit than to make a fun stamped globe? So I decided to stamp a fun little snow globe scene.

I stamped the snow man and then cut him out. To avoid killing his arms I cut his arms out separately and adhered them to the back. This gave me a little more control with the little fingers. The trees were from the same set and I LOVE them. :) I paper pieced them with some fun paper and colored their trunks with my copics.


For the "snow", I tore some paper and then edged the ink with glue and adhered some fun snow glitter. LOVE this stuff! To complete my winter scene, I decided to cut a small 4 1/4 inch circle and then adhere them to a circle. And I added a fun little wooden base to complete my snow globe look.

Since both my snowman and my trees had a little heart on them, I punched another heart with the same paper to add to my sentiment. Gives it a cute little look down there.

It is time to start thinking about xmas cards sadly... I think I have about 60 on my list this year. Yikes! If I start now I might actually have a chance of getting them out on time! Maybe....

Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: PTI, Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Glue pad, PTI
Accessories: (Snow glitter) Martha Stewart, Circle Cutter, (Punch) EK Success

6 comments:

  1. This is so clever! I love that snowman. Who can resist Kim Hughes?!? Such a cute card Belinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Belinda! Thanks for entering the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! You have the coolest ideas for cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love it:) I need to get that Kim Hughes set.

    ReplyDelete