Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Stocking Gift Card Holder

I was just telling my husband it's lucky I married his family. I wouldn't know what to do with my crafty self around Christmas time otherwise... my family isn't as into Christmas. Of course, in typical Belinda fashion, nothing was done beforehand despite the best of intentions. Oh well. Sometimes it's ok to let a few things slide... that's what I learned this Christmas.

For those people who travel during Christmastime, sometimes it's just easier to give a check or a gift card. Especially with those pesky luggage fees... but no one said that you can't make your packaging super adorable. Claire to the rescue! ;-)

Claire has a fabulous and free stocking shaped gift card holder template on the Waltzingmouse Stamps site for your use. I *adore* it and I hadn't had a chance to make anything with it yet, so when I realized at the last minute that I didn't have anything for S, I realized this would be perfect.

I used the Compliments of the Season set for the sentiment on the outside and the inside. The ribbon slides off and it's what is holding the the top down. You could use magnets or something instead, but I like the ribbon trick. I included a pic of the inside but my husband hasn't written the check yet, so it's empty right now. 

Secretly, I will tell you that I've been shaking my stocking every 5 minutes. The bells amuse me and I think my husband is getting more annoyed with each ring, which of course amuses me even more. Hah.

12 comments:

  1. Oh girl, how fun is this stocking?! I looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this little stocking every where and had no idea where everyone was getting it from. Your such a good blogger.

    Cute holiday cards and gifts!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make a few of these now, I'm always more in the mood for christmas after it is over :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The bells are a great touch.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Every detail is perfect ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute stocking!! have a happy 2011 Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! The bells and the trim are the perfect touch. I just may have to CASE this for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is super cute and pretty! love it! happy new year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's adorable. The bells are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous gift card holder, the bells are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I gave a lot of gift cards this year, too! I love this little stocking, and the papers you used are perfect!

    ReplyDelete