Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Noel

Just popping in now that I finally finished my Christmas wrapping. And I am exhausted... I will say the last few gifts got the shaft... ok, more than just the last few. But it's not like anyone's going to notice...

The only wrapping paper I had was this Martha Stewart wrapping paper (that's probably more appropriate for a baby shower, but shhhh). And in case anyone is curious... I'm not a fan of her wrapping paper. I'm not a good wrapper to begin with and her paper is so thick it doesn't allow for many mistakes. Oh well, I bought the paper on sale eons ago and it's high time we used it.

So I have some shots to share... 

I actually kept the gift in the original Starbucks bag. I believe in being green and it's not a bad looking bag... actually if any gift came in a reusable bag (aka a brown bag of sorts), I didn't bother re-wrapping it... Not sure if that makes me cheap or environmentally friendly...


So the stocking was my way of not feeling so bad about being so lame with the gift wrapping. The stocking holds an extra little gift card in addition to the coffee beans so the recipient can go get more of his favorite blend. And because try as I might, I couldn't find one of the blends he listed... and we went to quite a few Starbucks and confused quite a few employees.

Clare has made this lovely stocking shaped gift card holder template available on the Waltzingmouse Stamps site for FREE! The template makes it easy to whip these little suckers up - assuming you don't stupidly decided to add some hand stitching...But it does give it a nice homey touch, don't you think?

For some actually decorated bags, I give you these:

Here are some decorated baggies with my leftover papers. And some fun little ornament tags using Vintage Ornaments! Just a fun burst of non-traditional colors and I love it! The best thing, it takes maybe 5 seconds to whip these puppies together!

Now if everyone could ALWAYS request gifts that fit into these little white bags I'd be forever grateful. Hah!

And one more quickie card to share, one of the ones you can churn up when you realize that T sent you a card and you didn't send him one... whoops!

Yet another quickie with some stickers, a ribbon, and some simple dry embossing.I love simplicity.


Ok, off to get a Christmas drink! ;-)

11 comments:

  1. Awesome gifts my dear! Love those bright and happy papers and your card is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wrapping and card! Love the jingle bells! I bought some this year, and everytime I see a card with them, I am reminded that I keep forgetting to use them! I must use them before this season is over! They are such a cute and festive touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda I LOVE the packaging and the card... just seeing that little stocking makes me want to make one RIGHT NOW.. and alas I have no time! BUT I do have a project in mind for jingle bells.. (HOPEFULLY time is on my side! LOL!) and I LOVE the card!!
    Enjoy your holiday drink!!
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous packaging, Belinda! I adore your card too - such a sweet design! I always have back up cards for emergenices like that LOL!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the doily and button wreath card Belinda, and the bags look fab!

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Hugs, Lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bags look very pretty Belinda, so colorful and festive! And I LOVE the doily and button wreath, WOW WOW WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Belinda, I love the Noel card and especially love that you recycle bags:) Whoot for you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sense of decoration and the fabulous card!
    Joyeux Noel!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that quickie card. The buttons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute stocking. love the lil template. the bags look like fun! love the bright fun colors. and the silver doily on your card is just wonderful. looks awesome and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bags, tags, and stocking are fabulous. You use buttons so very well. I should just send you all of mine.

    ReplyDelete