Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Best Wishes

I love weddings. I love them, big or small. I love them, elegant or crazy fun. I love them even more when I don't have to plan them or be a part of them! So when I recently heard the fabulous news of my friend's nuptials, I was shocked, then excited that I didn't have to be a part of the wedding and then just plain happy for the two newlyweds. Yes, I'm horrible... but being a bridesmaid is an honor I'll happily do without.

So I have a card ready to send her. I'm a little slow in sending it to her as well, that's me. I haven't actually mailed this card out yet as I'm on my way home today from a business trip. But I hope the little gift on the inside will make up for my tardiness.

Since I didn't have a wedding color palette to work with, I opted to go with a Tiffany's inspired color palette. At worst case, it's definitely a neutral wedding color motif. I stamped the flowers from Big Blooms - Chrysanthemums. I wanted to create a "link" between the white and aqua color so I stamped 1/2 the flower in aqua on the white and 1/2 the flower in white on the aqua. I think it's a fun effect but maybe it's just me. :) The sentiment comes from Fancy Phrases.

In case she's reading this, congrats on joining the Mrs. club! ;-) 

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. I like the reverse colors - what a cool idea :) And,mmm bling! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hui! How beautiful! Like the colours and the bling! Thanks for sharing...

    ines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the effect between the two! It's classy and elegant! Gorgeous card! I am the same way, always late with my cards! It's ironic, being a card maker, and always late with the cards! I say everytime, 'this time it will be early'. Well, you know how that goes! Safe travels home, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, she'll be so pleased to receive it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card Belinda! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this Belinda! Those colors are so calming and the flowers are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love.. this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice - I like how the blue turns into white below the black stripe - great effect!! and the Rhinstones make it wonderful for a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stamping and the black with the soft aqua color is great together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. simply elegant. gorgeous card, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belinda, a fabulous card! I'm sure she'll be thrilled to get it. Love the idea of the reverse colours, just beautiful!

    Hugs

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so elegant! I love those colors together. Perfect for a wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely lovely. the color scheme and the card is perfect for a wedding. love the transition of half blue half white flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's not just you. It's a great effect and adds to the elegance of the card.

    ReplyDelete