Monday, June 21, 2010

Round 3 - Ribbon Caterpillar

Let round 3 of Paper Crafts Gallery Idol begin! So thrilled to have gotten this far and I couldn't have done it without all of you guys! (Round 2 was definitely a nail biter and I think I'm lucky to have any nails left...haha! So many talented ladies this year!) Thanks for all the support from round 1 & 2 and I'd love your support again for round 3! :) I hope you'll consider voting for me again!

This time the challenge was to use ribbon. I decided to weave the ribbon and create a caterpillar body!  Each caterpillar piece is created by weaving ribbon and I've also placed some of the extra ribbon pieces inside each body piece -- this gives the caterpillar a little oomph (and dimension).

In addition to creating the caterpillar, I also wanted him to roll up. Each "body piece" is connected by a brad. By slowly unrolling the caterpillar, you can slowly see the sentiment come to life piece by piece.

 I opted to pick different shades of green to give the caterpillar some fun. I chose a dotted green ribbon, satin ribbon and grosgrain ribbon (and all different widths). Each piece I randomly wove pieces together so each body piece is unique. 

The sentiment is created using Modern Alphabet from Clean and Simple Stamps. LOVE alphabet sets to create your own fun sentiments and customized cards!

Thanks for stopping by and please don't forget to VOTE!

15 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Belinda!!! Best of luck!!! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is so creative and fabulous!! WOW!! So exciting to see you move up in the challenge; your cards rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet creation!!! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Belinda! You know how much I love this! Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card, love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You "bug" me that you are so talented.
    Keep on creating. Proud of you Cuz!
    Mary Leatherman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how gorgeous is this! I love your caterpillar Belinda, the woven ribbons look fabulous! Best of luck for the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing card!!! I am off to vote for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belinda, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Good luck in round 3!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belinda, this is so cute. Love the fact that you can roll it open or close. There's a reason why I follow your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...this is truly amazing. Such great creativity girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous project! This is so fun and so creative. Love it!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my goodness, this is so incredible Belinda. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow a true a scraper great work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete