Monday, June 28, 2010

Final Week of Paper Crafts Idol! Please Vote!

It's the final week of Paper Crafts Gallery Idol and can I just say, it's been an exhilarating ride? No matter what happens, I am thankful for the Paper Crafts team for sponsoring this competition! That said, I still could REALLY use your votes for this round!

This week's challenge was to base our card off an inspiration photo. You'll see in my card, I based my card off of the jams and preserves in the picture.


So I created a basket of jam. The basket serves as a pocket card -- I embossed each cardstock strip with a woodgrain pattern and distressed it. I then weaved them together to give a basket effect. I actually based this basket off of one I found in Target. I stood there for about 10 minutes just staring at the different weaves I could try (pretty sure the Target employees thought I was nuts).

I stamped a piece of muslin with a pattern from Pic-nic Patterns from Waltzingmouse Stamps. It's trimed with some pinking shears to give it a nice effect (and to avoid fraying without me having to sew the edges).

When you pull the jam out of the basket, you see the full sentiment "Thanks for helping me out of a jam". The sentiment is printed from my computer with the font name of "Prissy Frat Boy".  I used puns for all my other cards in Gallery Idol this year, so why break the trend? I picked yet another horrible pun for the use of this card. ;-) Granted, none can beat the horribly awesome pun from round 2

The jam jars are created by hand cutting the jars and then tying some muslin fabric around with twine. Again the muslin is trimmed with my pinking shears. Love those little buggers! For a little added texture, I did emboss those with a linen texture from PTI.

Thanks for stopping by and please please please do take the time to vote! :) I'd love you even more if you voted for me! ;-)

Have a fantastic week!

4 comments:

  1. Talk about CUTE!!! This is not only super creative but so adorable! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Belinda! Sorry it's taken me so long to stop by. Your card is so terrific! It's been a crazy ride, huh? Glad I could take it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card that got my vote. :D Then again, all your cards got my vote. So nice to have someone in the race and then have that person win. :D Vicarious thrills all around.

    ReplyDelete