Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fill This Day

I'm leaving on a jet plane...
and it's insanely early...

I'm not a fan of waking up early so 4am is quite a stretch for this sleepy head... however, sometimes you gotta do whatever it takes to make money (so I can put it towards stamps)!

My head's totally not straight this week with some traveling snafus, but we'll leave that story for another day. Hope everyone's enjoying their week so far and if you haven't yet, do check out the entries for Paper Crafts Gallery Idol. And perhaps even consider voting for me? :)

Ok on to the card, so I've been kinda playing around with card styles. I tried scrappy just a few weeks ago (or maybe it was last week... it's been a long week). And now lets give this vintage thing a run.


Folks, this is as vintage as I get. Try as I might, this is it...

The map from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop was just very cute. Too cute to pass up. So I decided to try stamping directly onto the paper. Why not right?

The map is crumbled up a bit and then flattened. Edges are all inked with some lovely distress ink to give it a more aged look.

I colored the basket/flowers so it could kinda stand out more... unfortunately it didn't seem to get too much better. Perhaps next time I'll pop it out.

Ok back to last minute packing and thanking my lovely hubs for getting up with me to get me to the airport at 5 am. :)

15 comments:

  1. A map! Pure genius Belinda! Love the grunge look of this card.
    Sorry your head is wonky..hope you get back on track soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Belinda! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Hope your trip goes well, and mabye you'll get to sleep on the plane:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Belinda this is gorgeous! I'm with you on getting up early to hop on a plane- hate that! I can never sleep on planes either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, love how you stamped on the road map paper!

    Hope you got some shut-eye on the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card!!! Love your use of the map here, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Belinda! Hope your plane ride is uneventful. YOur card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! Hope your trip goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's fabulous. You can do vintage, scrappy, and cas. You can do it all.

    Congrats on making it to the next round of PC Idol! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What an awesome card! Can't go wrong with Thrift Shop - it is such a gorgeous collection! Congrats on making it to the next round of Idol!!! Your work rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! You did the Thrift Shop paper and the bicycle stamp proud! And YAY on PC Idol!

    Safe travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how you stand traveling so much Belinda - AND still finding time to stamp and post to your blog!!! (of course - those are the fun things so we find time!!) Love the bicycle stamped on the map!

    ReplyDelete