Thursday, June 17, 2010

June WMS Waltz

Welcome to another lovely Friends of WMS Waltz! :) This month we were to focus on masculine cards. To see the full list of hoppers, start over at the Waltzingmouse House forum in The Play Room.

There will also be another thread in The Play Room for chat and to play along in our monthly blog waltz game. This time you will be looking for (and counting up) watermarks that look like lanterns in the blog posts by the Design Team and Claire. A winner of a stamp set of choice will be drawn from all the correct answers!  So good luck to all. :)



There's a couple things I try with guy cards.
1. No pinks. Period -- unless its for my husband.... then all bets are off.
2. No glitter. See exception above.
3. No scallops. See exception above.
4. No flowers. See exception above.
My poor poor husband...  he's gotten cards with all of the above including one that broke all 4 of those rules.


Anyways, back to the card. For this one, I did try to avoid all my NO NOs for masculine cards.

So for this one I tried to get my sk8er girl hat on...

I picked a sk8ter boy image and sang "Sk8ter Boi" while creating a card that had inspirations from guitars and skaters.  I wanted to create that guitar look with the threading and by popping the patterned paper over my skater boy image. I decided that while glitter is NOT ok, that shiny silver twine was a-okay.

For those of you who are confused by my pop culture reference, I leave you with this:
He was a skater boy, she said see ya later boy 
He wasn't good enough for her
Now he's a super star,
slamin' on his guitar -
Does your pretty face see what he's worth? 


For more inspiration on masculine cards, I highly recommend looking at the previous post  for other tips I have for creating masculine cards. And also check out the Paper Crafts Round 2 Gallery Idol competition (and maybe even vote for yours truly before noon MDT today ;-)  Ok, shamless promotion ending now. 

22 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Belinda! Love the black. And love the texture you created with houndstooth and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is awesome, Belinda. It totally rocks and such great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fun edgy look and the bold colors! The silver cord adds the perfect bit of guy-bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your story and all you 'no rules' - and love your card! Great sketch and lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome masculine 'dude' card! love your colors, the stamps you used - AND the absence of all the things on your list!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SQUEAL...oh Belinda...this is one rockin' awesome card. SCREAMS MAN....fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my now I have that song in my head - which I like mind you - LOVE this Belinda - the colours are a couple of my favorites! I'll be backstage after the show.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing, I love this card & those colours are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice....that splash of color really makes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - love all those layers and the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent card Belinda, so well put together and fab colours, genius! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great color combo for you...I know that it probably took a bit to leave your bright pinks behind for today. :) Really like the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun masculine card! I too have a difficult time not using pink or flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card! Love all the textures and the bright lime green!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello dearie. i like your color choices. bold and yet masculine. i need to try that window technique - i love how the sk8ter boy gets framed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great colors, very bold and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Was that Mizuhiki cord? I have some! I was determined to use it on Xmas cards but hadn't and you have just inspired me to use it now :)
    Love the edgey look with your card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the textures on this card, and the cool colour scheme is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is super cool love the colors!

    ReplyDelete