Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WMS Preview - Day 2

Welcome to the second day of WMS previews! The May release is absolutely fabulous and there's a few more sets than usual since it is also WMS's birthday! :)

I adore this new set called Asian Garden from Waltzingmouse Stamps. It's pretty different from the other Asian sets I've seen and own. And true to WMS style, there's a chockful of images and sentiments packed into this set.


The back is stamped with a background stamp from this set. It's such a lovely background and pretty easy to line up.

The tree is 3 separate stamps so you can pick and choose your own colors. Isn't it an absolutely fabulous tree though? The leaves are absolutely stunning!


I placed some gems on the tree and then colored them with my copics. I was going for a gold color but decided that orange-hued gems would do the trick just as well.


Isn't the font for this just fabulous as well?

I have one more card and just a special birthday wish. :) I'm trying to be good this year (where my "year" starts around my birthday... haha)

I apologize that this is just leaving the mailbox today... but happy birthday D! :) Hope you enjoy another great year.

Ok, onwards to the card. I kept it relatively simple. I punched a square with 1 3/8 inch square punch. I added some pearls to the sentiment and the flower for some extra umph.

The main panel is popped up. Normally when I do this, I use some temp adhesive so that whatever I stamp underneath is somewhat centered. Except this doesn't always work when you then change your mind about where you want the panel located but that's a WHOLE other story.

Ok, hope you enjoyed today's sneak peeks!


What do you think so far of the sneak peeks? There's more too! Be sure to check out:
They all have some fun sneak peeks too!



Thinking of You
Stamps: (Asian Garden) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper, Ink, Ribbon: PTI
Gems: Hero Arts
Border Punch: Fiskars

Birthday Wishes
Stamps: (Asian Garden) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper, Ink: PTI
Pearls: Amuse
Ribbon: Offray
Border Punch: Fiskars

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS Belinda, the tree is ravishing in red and the wee flower card is so pretty!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on your tree card Belinda - and the window cut out is such a great design! The pearls look great around the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these Belinda!! What a lovely tree with the gems and I just LOVE the little window card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO pretty, Belinda!! I absolutely love the tree in red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, I love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are simple and perfect! I have fallen in love with that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, Belinda! Love the tree and the touch of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Belindam, what a gorgeous tree! I'm so in love with that image and I love how you added the glitter to it. Gorgeous! I'm so sorry, I'm so behind in leaving comments, I hope to catch up soon :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Belinda. Absolutely stunning colors and such wonderful design elements. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful tree, love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of them, the second card is so simple but just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both lovely cards Belinda! The tree stamp and your layout is gorgeous, and just love the cut-out window and flower stamp on the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like that tree, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm having such a wonderful time spending some time with your blog today.

    I totally love both cards and those images.

    ReplyDelete