Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Birthday

I need a new sewing machine. I've sworn at mine enough I think.

I even resorted to hitting it today. At least there's not Sewing Machine Services or something like that...

I have to take it apart every time I switch the settings. It's getting ridiculous.

Any suggestions for a new machine? I do dabble in real sewing as well as mainly using it for cards -- so a simple mini one isn't enough.

Ok, enough of my woes. Let's move onto cards.


Simple. But that's the joy of Free Spirit - Boy and Free Spirit Sentiments from WMS. You can do simple so easily. And with the stamps in the set, it's so easy to do so. :)

Imagine it in different colors... still the same idea yet it could bring a whole new spin to it. :)

And now yours truly must hand hem the husband's pants. I HATE hand hemming. At least there's TV to keep me company.

Why can't boys hand hem themselves?

11 comments:

  1. OK, you've done it now Belinda. You've convinced me I need that stamp set. I'm off to purchase it now because of your awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I have no recommendations for a sewing machine. I've owned 4 in my life and all have given me trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm officially banned from using my mom's sewing machine! And now, after using mine for almost 3 years, I broke it too. Just don't get a "Stephanie" to operate your machine and you'll be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simple design of this card. I have a Janome Sew Mini that I use for cards and a Singer that I used for "real" sewing. Both work great and have never given me any trouble. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Janome "Sew Petite" Love it, sews great and does not have to be adjusted and it is resonably priced for just doing paper crafts.
    Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card, perfect for any guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, just stumbled upon your blog via Lyns. I love your cards, they are very elegant. Thank you for the flower tutorial and your tips. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, so clean and graphic. No suggestions for you on a new machine, I only sew on paper, otherwise it gets ugly *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you CAS card Belinda!

    I've had a basic Bernina sewing machine for over 30 years and it needed a new motor a while back. They're a lot more expensive now and don't look as well constructed either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card.

    I had a Janome Sew Mini and gave it away because it was a freakin' lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fab, clean, striking card Belinda!! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete