Saturday, April 17, 2010

April Blog Waltz

waltz with us April 17th
Welcome to the April WMS Blog Waltz! :) If you happened upon my blog, you should check out all the festivities at the WMS forum! All the DT members participating may have some flowers hidden in our photos! Collect them all and you might win a fun little prize!

This month we were to focus on the theme of mothers so I have a fun little card you can send your Mom any time of the year.

I decided to merge Spring Baskets and Roses in Bloom, my favorite floral set of all time (well, as of now... you never know what Claire has up here sleeve!)

The roses and leaves are embossed with white embossing powder. After I did that, I decided the roses didn't stand out enough. Instead of coloring, I applied some light cream ink with a paper towel to give it a softer look and let the roses pop just a bit more. It's funny, after trying multiple sponging products, I've discovered paper towels work the best for me when applying ink to a project. (Although I only buy these really expensive cloth feeling paper towels -- got hooked on them and now no other paper towel is good enough... so I'm probably not really saving any money. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm killing more trees and spending more money than if I just used a sponge)

The sentiment comes from Spring Baskets -- I love intermingling my sets and this sentiment fit the area I had left the best. I didn't think ahead when I started the card -- none of the sentiments I wanted really fit in the area I had left. So I just went sentiment hunting through my other sets.


Thanks for waltzing by!

Stamps: (sentiment from Spring Baskets, flowers and leaf from Roses in Bloom) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper, Ink, Ribbon: PTI
Border Punch: (Apron Lace) Fiskars

40 comments:

  1. WOW this is simply GORGEOUS!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Lovin' the kraft, white and pop of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda, this card is stunning. It is so simple yet it has so much WOW factor. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb design and so love the simplicity of the colors. Thanks for the paper towel tip.... must give it a try... !
    Hugs,
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely soft roses, they are stunning. Love the pink ribbon it looks fab on kraft. Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW! Belindaaaaaa! this is stunning! so fresh and new looking!! what a fab treatment you gave those roses! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I am totally copying this. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card!!! So simple yet the flowers just pop!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belinda, This card is ethereal - very very pretty! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belinda, this is just FANTASTIC! What a simply elegant card - I absolutely love it and want to give it a try!! Thanks for the inspiration :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this card is fabulous! I'm a paper towel ink applier too, who knew? HAHA! Very pretty card. I'm jealous of your color pairings with kraft...you do it so flawlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning!! I love how you embossed the flowers and kept them white. And the white & pink on the kraft works so well--very, very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this technique and haven't tried it yet! Your design is awesome and the way the roses pop off of the kraft is beautiful! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty with the embossed white - and that sponging idea! I have to try that sometime. I've often used cotton puffs, but stick to my cut up art sponges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simplicity at its best! Bravo Belinda!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy STUNNING card! Those roses with the the touch of shading are amazing! Awesome layout, too! WOW just WOOOOOOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderfully simple card but extemely eye catching, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Belinda! I love the rubbed inking over your embossed flowers - what a great look! and the pink really pops with the Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a really beautiful - I love this colour of pink with the craft and your finishing touches are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card, thanks for the idea using a paper towel...I'll start with the ones on a roller near my craft table. They are the perfect size....select-a-size, then move up the paper towel price range ladder...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the softness of the flowers on this card. Just like a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, I love this effect on the flower, I saw it on Nichole Heady's blog but I never tried it... but I am sure, I will asap.

    Have fun
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty! I'm going to try your paper towel technique--this is such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Belinda. SO, so pretty. I too am addicted to high-quality papert towels (Viva brand only!) but I have not yet used them in my studio!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how you made your roses they are stunning!!! Great job and I must try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card Belinda!
    Love how you colored the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a very soft pretty card. White on kraft really does look great. At first I thought the roses had been embossed on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely lovely! You are oh so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is stunning - I love what you did with the rose - I thought it was stamped on parchment until I read your description!

    Rach
    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous - I love the Kraft/Pink/White colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! This is absolutely stunning, Belinda!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty card - white on Kraft is one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love it. I'm a sucker for kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Okay, that's it - I NEED that set. Just hope, that I can creat also such a wonderful card like you!!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, this is so beautiful Belinda!

    ReplyDelete