Thursday, April 15, 2010

My First Bike

My first bike was a perfect pink bike with training wheels.

It had little pink tassles and a little white wicker basket.

We lived in an apartment building at that time so my bike was stored in the bike rack downstairs in the parking garage. After just a week, someone stole my bike's pink tassles and my white wicker basket.

Very devastating for a 5 year old.

So here's a card in memory of my bike with tassles and a white wicker basket. To whoever stole my basket, I hope it went to a good little girl.


I adore bike stamps. And this one from Hero Arts is my fave -- perhaps because it has a cute little basket.

The sky was sponged with some spring rain ink. I cut 2 random curves and created some clouds with my corner rounder. Moved my two little post-its around randomly and sponged. Fun effect. :)

The grass is stamped and embossed with clear embossing powder.

I placed some buttons on the wheels and stuck a gem over the middle. Gems are over the flowers in the basket as well.

A little ribbon, a little border punching, and I called it a day.

Happy Spring everyone! :)

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I love how you used the buttons on the wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda this is just the CUTEST card.. that bike stamp is DARLING! and BOO about your tassels and basket.. I tell you when I read that it took me right back to my bike with tassels, and a basket.. ahhh the good ole days! :)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those clouds, Belinda! I'm going to have to try that very soon! As for your basket, it wasn't me, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fabulous. I love the bicycle image. I love the bejeweled button wheels. I love your sponged sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almsot teared up reading this Belinda. How sad. Thievery sucks...especially for a 5 year old! Wonderful tribute card though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card! So sad for a 5 year old to have something stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect clouds! And I love your button wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belinda,
    I love your card, it's just so pretty! I saw a real bike the other day with bright green wheels and I nearly followed it!

    It made me sad, too, to hear what happened to your bike tassles and basket when you were only 5. The world is so cruel. I'm glad that we can make beautiful things to help overcome the uglies.

    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete