Monday, April 12, 2010

Friends Forever

I shop when I'm sad and lonely. Online, in stores, in the sun, in the rain...

But I got a new cardi. The new cardi makes me happy. :)

You know what else makes me happy? Packages!

I FINALLY got my Swaping Sisters package and I tore it open as I knew Steph had sent us fabulous wood paper. I've been itching to get my hands on some.

She gave us a sketch to work with. I kinda followed it... if you squint and twist your head.

This whole card was born out of my desire to die cut the wood paper.

The wood went through the cuttlebug just dandy! Although next time I'd put the wood face down rather than upwards. I think the embossing should be on the wood side -- duh Belinda.

I got some 'new to me' Hero Arts stamps. Blame it on another "I'm sad and lonely" day. So what do you do with new stamps? You get them inky!

Some ruffles to match the owls and sponged with a little red ink.

Can't wait to play with the wood paper some more! :)

Check out what everyone else did with the wood paper:
Steph
Laurie
Ren-Yi

11 comments:

  1. Aw, cute!!! You're supposed to post a picture of your new sweater for us to admire.. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the ruffles on this card!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, the wood paper looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, the wood paper sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Belinda. I love the colours, ruffles, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO wonderful! I love the image and the colors you put together. I love the ruffles too, it actually sort of reminds of owl feathers. So cute!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful. The ruffles remind me of an owls feathery breast too.

    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so flippin' cool! I love the bold colors and shapes.

    ReplyDelete