Friday, April 9, 2010

Too Long NC!

I miss NC -

I miss the containment area for relocated yankees.

I miss Bo-Jangles, I miss sweet tea, I miss the taco truck and even though it appeared after I left, I miss the Korean BBQ truck. I miss a lot of food things...

I also miss my favorite crafting buddies, the easy access to scrappy stores and crops. I really miss the crops.

Although luckily, everyone has been posting about the pollen issues so luckily for me, my NC-sickness has subsided a little -- the one thing I don't miss is having my black car look like a bumble bee.

So I have a card dedicated to everyone and everything I love about NC.


I extended the legs of the little birdie with my black pen. I like that the long legs and the sentiment of "It's been too long" mish just like that. Stamped the sentiment on vellum so you could still see the legs.

It has truly been too long, NC.

Then again, I really missed MN for awhile and I got over it. I really missed PA and I got over it (doesn't help that I moved back). I missed IL for the longest time and I got over that too. Such is my life.

I wonder what the next place I'll "miss" will be.

12 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Belinda! LOVE how you've extended the birdie's legs - great idea! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. NC misses you back!!! And the pollen is (hopefully) over. I consider it a small price to pay for an early spring :)

    I enjoy the husky bird and the colors! Also, using the vellum for the message is a cool idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my ginormous Goodwill button stash I have these HIDEOUS huge brown buttons. You just solved that problem! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, sorry you're missing NC but I do love your card Belinda! His loooong legs rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card.....how cute are those loooonnnggg legs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super fun idea to extend the bird's legs! So fabulously creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those loong legs on the birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is that??? <---Very, very, very cute!!!

    I really love the button birdie and his long legs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome! What a clever idea. :)

    ReplyDelete