Monday, May 25, 2009

May PTI Blog Hop!


So it's that time again! It's the May PTI blog hop! :-D This month's challenge was to use yellow - certainly a color I don't typically use (based on skimming my previous posts). Be sure to check out all the other great creations!

I'm not a yellow fan. No siree. When I think of summer, I think of flowers and I've always loved the colors of a sunflower so I used that as my inspiration.

Well a certain someone (*cough*Ren-Yi*cough*) had been bugging for some tags. I kept putting it off... not sure why since tags are a lot of fun. I also got a tag die cut set awhile back when I first got my cuttlebug and I've found the dies to be super useful.

In addition to giving the tags, I wanted to have a fun way to present the them as well so I created a fun little box with my new scor-pal (definitely makes the whole customized box making process easier). The box size is 4 by 3 by 1 1/2.

The outside was stamped with Polka Dot Basics and then the inside was stamped with a floral center from Floral Frenzy. I found the white dot on the inside of the dots (while subtle) does tone the yellow down a lott. :) The outside tag was decorated to provide a peek of what's inside and covered with a little vellum just because! :) It's actually attached to the top of the box as you can kind of see in my second photo.

I created pretty generic tags this time since I just wanted them to be for any occasion. In the future, this said person will be getting some baby tags. ;-) Perhaps if shes lucky, it'll be in a similar box.

The tags were basically stamped with the summer sunrise and lemon tart flowers. I didn't have a to/from sentiment from PTI so I dug up one from an Christmas set from Hero Arts.

I managed to only stuff 6 tags into the box - mainly because of the ribbon. For my future tag endeavors, I think it might be nice to leave the ribbon off (so that it can be customized by the giver of tags). But I love ribbon and it makes the tag seem less naked. *smirk*

Thanks for hoppying by my corner of the world and make sure to check out all the other great creations!

Stamps: Floral Frenzy, Polka Dot Basics, Everyday Classics (PTI), Hero Arts
Paper: Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise (PTI)
Ink: Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Canvas (PTI)
Other: Tag Die Cut (Ellison), Ribbon (PTI, Martha), 1/2 inch circle punch (EK Success)

52 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job using yellow! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous box! & I love the tags too! very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project Belinda! Love the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute box! I love it.I really need to try some of those templates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I love your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project, I love your box! Too cute! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable project! Love the box and the tags you made - what a great gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful!! So pretty! You should use yellow more often! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness....this is super awesome!!!!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This box is awesome! The tag is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great project!! Love the color choices, and the tag on the outside with vellum, too cute! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful project! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. well for someone who didn't like or use much yellow you sure rocked this challenge! Super project - just love it - everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like your sentiment says!! Absolutely Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous set!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is a great project, and you did a fabulous job with the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those tags are fabulous! I like the offset flower. And I have never used that open polka dot stamp, I just have to pull it out. This is a fabulous set!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! This turned out beautifully! I love the box and the tags. You are one talented woman.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lucky friend! Love the tags and the box is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely fantastic! I love the yellow and browns together, the box is really cool!!! Are you going to share how you made it???? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute little box. The tags are very cool too. BTW congrats on your GSS win!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Belinda! This is a fabulous gift set! I love the yellow (and I don't normally). SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a terrific gift and beautiful use of yellow! Love the daisies and polka-dots.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This came out sooo great! One of my favorite flowers are sunflowers and you definitely did them justice!! I'm so impressed with anyone who can make a 3-D box on the fly...kuddos to you!! :>

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! It definitely turned out stunning!! What a fun, cheerful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! This is gorgeous! What a lucky friend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your color combo and fun project. Can't tell you are not a yellow fan LOL!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow this is beautiful!! Im not a yellow fan either but im really loving all these different goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is fabulous! Love the yellow and you are so clever to create a box to store them. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful project!!! Love the box and tags :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. very, very cute. I love your project using yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Holy cow, how cute is this! I didn't read all of the way through, but can you lift the box by the handle and not have it drop apart?

    ReplyDelete
  33. just fabulous! love the details you added. the vellum is such a nice touch! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Belinda I LOVE this!! What a THOUGHTFUL gift!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is gorgeous! Love the color combination and the big dots! I also wanted to congratulate you on your GSS card. It was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh how beautiful it turned out so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your little box, especially with the sunflower decor - pretty colors!
    carol b

    ReplyDelete
  38. It turned out just fabulous! Great use of the color yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  39. So cute! I have that template.. I need to play with it some more. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  40. LOVE the box! Love your style! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow. That box and the tags are awesome. For someone who doesn't like yellow, you did a bang-up job using it!

    ReplyDelete