Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day!

I made this with the weekend sketch hosted by Jenn Balcer. However, I didn't want to share it on the blog just yet in case this specific someone actually reads my blog. Dunno... no one else in the family does... but just to be safe.

This little diddly SHOULD have been sent off to my mother-in-law but since I was on a business trip last week, I'm never really sure. The hubster is forgetful sometimes.

I did modify the sketch since as usual, I'm a challenge cheater. When have you ever seen me do a challenge correctly? I like to call it artistic license!

I love ribbon and I couldn't do without it on this card but I must have spent like 30 minutes staring at it wondering how to best get some on. Finally decided on a side knot (if that makes sense). Wrapped the ribbon around the card and tied it on the side.

Hope all you mothers had a lovely day filled with love!

Stamps: PTI (Tags of Spring), SU! (Happiness Always)
Paper: PTI (Melon Berry, Dark Chocolate), SEI (Mimosa)
Ink: PTI (Melon Berry)
Accessories: Pearls (Hero Arts), Ribbon (PTI - Spring Moss), Punches (1 3/4 and blue scallop)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Belinda! I bet your MIL loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the side knot looks great!! Great card, I'm sure your MIL loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the side knot is just perfect!!! I really like your colors and I'm sure you MIL did too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful card, Melinda! I'm sure your MIL loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your color choices.

    I have seen many designed alter a sketch so much I didn't recognize where it came from. You're fine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I really love the ribbon. It adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab colors on this one, Belinda! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun and pretty card. Hopefully your MIL got it;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty!Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete