Monday, May 18, 2009

Friend - RSCC 6

Hidey ho chickies! This is for yet another Raspberry Suite Color Challenge! We're on week 6 - time to use aqua, berry, chocolate and white! :-) I've been enjoying the color challenges and it's nice to stretch my usual color combos a little. :)

Bri's out and I got to just sit and craft for a whole night w/o interruptions. No need to cook, no need to clean. It's been lovely! I didn't get a chance to craft at all last weekend as we've been out and about.

I had to switch my driver's license to PA since I don't live in the dirty South anymore. ;) But it's been more of a hassle than it should have been -- and mainly because my first name has a hyphen in it. (My parents gave me a Chinese first name.. Belinda's technically my middle name). For whatever reason, PA can't handle hyphens as the first name so they couldn't confirm that I was actually who I said I was when they tried to look me up. So they blamed NC, they blamed the Social Security office, they blamed everything under the sun. I'm pretty sure hyphens have been in names since who knows when. It's one line of code to change... sigh.

Oh well... going tomorrow morning AGAIN to try to sort this out. Crossing my fingers! I just want to drive, is that too much to ask?

Ok, now on to happier things, like this card! I don't know what it is about color challenges. Even though I might have used this color combo myself I just can't do it that well when I'm forced to! ;-) I kept wanting to add a color, take out a color, use some yummy patterned paper... well, you get the point.

I embossed some dots onto the brown cardstock. The vellum behind the sentiment is also dry embossed with dots. I love love love polka dots!

Added a fun butterfly made from a flower. The flower had 8 petals and I simple cut off some and glued them onto the middle with a button. Isn't it fun? I *LOVE* that you can turn a simple flower into a butterfly. I hope it looks like a butterfly - it's a little chubby. ;-)

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Stamps: Beautiful Blooms, Floral Frenzy, Polka Dot Basics (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet (PTI), VersaMark
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist (PTI), Vellum
Other: Ribbon (stash), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Button (Making Memories), 1 inch circle punch (EK Success), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Provo), Clear EP (Ranger), Flower (Making Memories)

22 comments:

  1. this is too lovely for words...top 10 for sure. Love the leaf image, the border punch, the embossed vellum and everything else! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very elegant looking card! I like your style using multiple embellishments and multi-layering. Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Belinda! Love the colours and the leafy branch image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your button accents and the embossed vellum. Way to rock the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! After I read it was a flower turned into a butterfly, I totally got it! Beautiful use of embellishments and very feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Great color combo and nice design. Sorry about the problem with getting your license...I moved from VA to NC nearly 3 years ago and NC was a hassle! I had to retake a driving test and everything. Each state has strange policies, hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love the butterfly/flower, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belinda your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! Good luck on the drivers license tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I like the way you popped up that vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous LO, and I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the button and the elegant look of the card, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belinda,

    Beautiful card! This is the perfect example of why I nominated you for an award on my blog:

    http://stampdetails.blogspot.com/2009/05/kims-card-tage-revealed.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very pretty! The button is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Pretty Belinda. Great job on the challenge. Fabulous card as always.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! And I love making butterflies out of flowers:) You did perfect with the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Belinda! I love the embossed dots and I so love the blooms! I really *need* that set!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a very sweet style. This is a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all those embossed dots -- great card! And congratulations on being chosen as a Guest Star Stamper by Nichole!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOOH this is just yummy! Love that coral with the muted colors!

    ReplyDelete