Saturday, October 30, 2010

WMSC 21 - I'd like to check you out

I actually did make a card for the WMS sketch this week -- shocking I know! So check it out at the WMS Sketch Challenge blog. And a random participant will win a free stamp set!


I love cheesy puns. Just ask my hubs... he groans every time I come up with something. So I've been dying to use this pun on a card and I finally found a good reason to use it.

I had a stamp of a library check out card -- remember those? I used to love stamping the due date on those check out cards and slipping it back into my library book. My library moved to a self-checkout system with a receipt when I was in junior high and it just wasn't as cool (ok, hope that doesn't date me).

So when I saw the library card sitting on my desk, I decided I needed to pair it with the sentiment: "I'd like to check you out".  Hardee har har! Perfect to give to a dorky book lover. Ok, I'm gonna keep chuckling on my cute sentiment and you guys can roll your eyes now.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: (Text It, Sweethearts) Waltzingmouse Stamps, (library card) PTI
Ink: PTI
Accents: (buttons) PTI
Fibers: (ribbon) American Crafts

21 comments:

  1. Cute card, just love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is awesome! I love the design and the sentiment is adorable! The colors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Belinda! And I looove your cheesy punny sentiment! It sounds like something I would say! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awee.. This is so cute Belinda!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cheesy puns too. :-) What a most fabulous card Belinda!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Haven't been for ages in a library to borrow books. Last time we bought some left overs there in summer...

    Anyway love the style, as ever. Thanks for sharing. Greetings, ines

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Wonderfully punny! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belinda, that card is wonderful! Love the color combo and what you did with the sketch.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh that is just adorable! love the library card and that pun is just too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belinda this is so CUTE! I LOVE the puny sentiment!!! :)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Check you out!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cheesy librarian LOVES your pun! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Belinda,

    Love this card you made! Love the colors and the shape and what a fun saying this way!! So nice!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card Belinda! I love all the details and your choice of soft colors! very special indeed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. so simple and beautiful! fab card, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute Belinda!! Such a great idea for that pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card Belinda! Love the pretty color combo! Great inspiration for this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh how cute. and the pun is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOO so cute. i love that sentiment. i was rofl-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL.. Belinda, this is sooo cheesy, but cute!! Totally made me smile when I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not rolling my eyes. I'm grinning because I love cheesy puns and I love your card. It's great!

    ReplyDelete