Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps October Preview - Day 3

Welcome to the third day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps October Release previews! The DT and I will be sharing projects over the next several days featuring FIVE new stamp sets that will be available for purchase at the Waltzingmouse online store starting Thursday, October 7th. This is such a fun release -- lots of great all-season sets and fun Christmas sets!

Be sure to check out Claire, Anya, Bonnie, Jennifer, Joan, Julia, Lisa, Lynn, Mona, and Sandie who all have fabulous projects to share with you!

I sort of have a hodge podge of cards today covering basically all the 5 sets with traditional and non-traditional Christmas cards. Have you guys started your Christmas cards yet?

A Merry Christmas to You Cards 
(Before we begin, yes, that's a Rubik's cube under my card.... I couldn't find anything else... Hush!)
For my first set, I wanted to create some quick Xmas cards. Sometimes the best way to add a little spice to your life is to create the card with different colors. :) This means you can use the same smashing layout that you spent time perfecting and you can give everyone a unique card. My husband feels that the green one is not Christmasy or Wintery enough... but what does he know? ;-)

I picked the medium sized poinsetta from Big Blooms Poinsettia and stamped it. I didn't move it from my block so all of them have a similar position on the card. I then stamped the sentiment from Compliments of the Season in gray ink (well, black ink for the red card). I used the text background from Text It on the colored paper and adhered it to my card. Tied a ribbon and called it a day.

After I was all done, I decided these cards needed some glam. I shimmered these babies up with some Pearl Glimmer Mist. Of course, silly me, didn't let it fully dry before standing them up -- hence the green one is curling a touch -- but once its fully dry, just bend it a little and it'll be a-ok.

The results are stunning though! It's as if I stamped the image on some shimmery white paper and shimmery colored paper. The ribbon has mist on it as well so it's nice and shimmery too! I LOVE spraying everything and anything in mist right now. Heck, I'd spray my husband in mist if he'd stand still long enough. ;-)


Yuletide Blessings
This card is dedicated to everyone other there who loves label stamps but doesn't always want to use them with the die cut label. These labels look fabulous just by themselves! If you don't own any nesties or this particular label, you can still use these Nestie compatable stamps as fabulous framing images. At first, I was just going to stamp the sentiment but I love the flair that the frame adds.

The flower is colored with Copics and then carefully trimmed. Since I knew I was going to trim the flower, I wasn't careful with coloring my edges. Why bother taking your time when you know it isn't going to matter?

Vintage Merry Christmas

For this card, I started with the patterned paper. I knew I wanted to use it. So we went from there and let the stamps speak to me. Normally, I pick my stamps and colors first... It took a slightly vintage turn.

This particular label I used is really versatile. Claire actually has two designs on it - one on the top half and one on the bottom half. So I inked up only one half and stamped it twice. You can also just ink the label as is -- see Sandie's card for a fun example of that. This means you have 3 possible frame looks, all with one stamp. How awesome is that? Yay for versatility and yay for Claire stuffing as many designs as possible into one gorgeous stamp set! (You could even do a 4th style by stamping the entire stamp twice)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!
 


Merry Christmas Card Set
Stamps: (Big Blooms - Poinsettia, Compliments of the Season, Text It) Waltzingmouse Stamps
 Ink: (White, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartruese, Spring Rain) Paperytrey Ink, (Cobblestone) Vivid, (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Cardstock: (White, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartruese, Spring Rain) Paperytrey Ink
Fibers: (ribbon - Pure Poppy, Simply Chartruese, Spring Rain) Paperytrey Ink
Other: (Pearl) Glimmer Mist 


Yuletide Blessings
Stamps: (Big Blooms - Poinsettia, Compliments of the Season, Holiday Labels No. 14, Text It) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Patterned Paper: (365 Degrees) Pink Paislee
Ink, Cardstock, Fibers: (Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink
Coloring Medium: (markers) Copics


Vintage Merry Christmas

Stamps: (Compliments of the Season, Holiday Labels No. 14, Text It) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: (Vintage Photo, Antique Linen) Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon
Cardstock: (Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist) Papertrey Ink
Fibers: (Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink, (twine) May Arts
Accents: (buttons) Papertrey Ink

30 comments:

  1. love your cards, girl. so simple yet so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... so many!!! Where to start...

    Your 3 CAS cards are beautiful, the single poinsettia stamped in the background is so elegant.

    Wonderful colouring on your Yuletide Blessings tall card. I really like how you did the sentiment in the frame but didn't cut it out. Great thinking!!

    The Blue card.. my personal favourite. I just adore this style of card and the colour.. I LOVE blue xmas!!

    Amazing work :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabby hodge podge of cards, Belinda! You've got me ready to start my Christmas cards now! Love your first set of cards especially!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - a beautiful set of Christmas Cards Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-everything is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so beautiful Belinda - love that Cosmo Cricket paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, the Rubik's cube is the BEST EVER! Ha! How clever! Your cards are really all out of this world gorgeous! You rocked these stamps, girl! I love those poinsettas! I'm ready to start some Christmas cards now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome Belinda and I love the rubiks cube! too funny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cards today, Belinda - each is more lovely than the next! I particularly love the tall card.. everything about it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belinda EVERY card is FABULOUS!! I just love to come visit you.. I get INSPIRED and a GIGGLE! (spray your hubby with the mist! HA!!!! and a rubics cube.. oh my.. that gave me a flash back! I know they are out now.. BUT I HAD the first ones! HA!)
    Have a GREAT day! Cant wait to see more tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... Busy Busy .. I love all your cards . so many fabulous ideas ..Very inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Belinda! What a gorgeous assortment of cards! My fave is the Vintage Christmas card :) Very pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have I started christmas cards? Ha! LOL, I haven't even really thought about what halloween candy to pass out yet, LOL. I think all these cards are beautiful, but the vintage one is really rockin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Belinda...you really did a great job (as always) and I love your quick make trio of Christmas cards...just what I need when making a whole slew of them.

    You ROCK woman!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards, like always. I'm a big fan of the green one...and you got your vintage on! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belinda, your cards are gorgeous! My favorite is the vintage Christmas one. I love vintage.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, these are beautiful!!! Yummy!!!
    hugs,
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  18. Let's try this again! sometimes when you type words Ipad corrects to words not wanted! these are fabulous cards! love the first set with the three colors. the second is beautiful with the red poinsettia and bow. the last one with it's soft blue and cream bow is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow - i dont know where to start. i love the quick and CAS style xmas cards. i suppose it's just expected that you'd have a rubrik's cube to prop things up *ahemnerdahem*. just a tad more DTing for WMS and you've turned Belinda a la Vintage. but i must say - i do love how it came out.
    the frame on yultide blessins are great - a nice reminder that i don't have to keep churning that die through my big shot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ups, one day not on the computer and so many lovely things happened to be... Great cards. Love the first three ones most, but the other two are wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing.

    Should do some crafting as well, but time...

    Greetings from Germany, ines

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all of the alternative Christmas colours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty, so pretty... can't even choose a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love that card set - the colors you chose are absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh. Those are all absolutely, positively 100% gorgeous.

    Claire better hold onto you. You're enabling me big time.

    ReplyDelete