Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps October Preview - Day 2

Welcome to the second day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps October Release previews! The DT and I will be sharing projects over the next several days featuring FIVE new stamp sets that will be available for purchase at the Waltzingmouse online store starting Thursday, October 7th. This is such a fun release -- lots of great all-season sets and fun Christmas sets!

Be sure to check out Claire, Anya, Bonnie, Jennifer, Joan, Julia, Laurie, Lisa, Lynn, Mona, and Sandie who all have fabulous projects to share with you!

Today both of my cards feature Frame It. It's a fabulously fun set that allows you to frame you images. No need to draw those lines by hand anymore. In my previous cards, I'd waste about a sheet of cardstock to get those frames *just right*. Now, I can just stamp away! Claire also included some fab sentiments in it along with some cute images to use (which I know the rest of the DT has started showing off already)!

So let's get started, shall we?

It's Christmas Card
Of course, I had to start with a Christmas card. :) This first card uses Frame it and Big Blooms - Poinsettia. I stamped the frame first and then masked off the sides to stamp the flower. I love the look of the flower inside the frame -- almost as if you're looking through a window. I colored the flower with my Copics and the flower is also highlighted with a subtle yellow outline.

As Joan mentioned yesterday with her lovely card, kraft is a very forgiving cardstock to color on. This is the first time I've done it and there's a couple things I did that I wouldn't normally do with white cardstock. (1) I used Y21 to highlight my flower... way too dark normally but on kraft, it barely shows up. Suh-weet! (2) Somehow you're able to color a little messily and it looks a-ok. And I seemed to have less bleeding than I normally do when I use reds... perhaps I'll be coloring on kraft a lot more now... I could almost be a master colorer with kraft... hah!

I've been itching for a reason to use the lace that Nina gave me when we met at CHA. Finally found a great use for it in this card. :) Thanks Nina!



The one thing about the frame is that you don't have to have the sentiment opening on the bottom. You can put it on the top, the left, the right, or the bottom. :) Who says you have to follow the rules?  I like the look of the sentiment to the side and by changing where the opening of the frame is located, you increase the possibilities of this set tremendously.


For My Teacher Card
Frame It also works with some fabulous images from previous WMS sets, including Blessed by You.  At this point, I was pretty mask happy. So I figured, let's keep masking!

I stamped the frame and sentiment in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. Stamped the apple and leaf. Then I masked off the edges (along with a small buffer) and masked the appel and stamped the text from Text It. I think it gives it a neat effect. :) The apple and leaves also have some glossy accents on them for extra flair.

Thanks for stopping by! :)







It's Christmas Card
Stamps: (Frame It, Big Blooms - Poinsettia) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45
Fibers: (lace) from the Fabulous Nina Brackett, (ribbon) Papertrey Ink, (twine) Jewelry Essentials
Accents: (button) Papertrey Ink

For My Teacher Card
Stamps: (Frame It, Text It, Blessed by You) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: (Watermark Ink) Tsukineko, Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Papertrey Ink
Fibers: (twine), (ribbon) Papertrey Ink
Accents: (glossy accents) Ranger, (button) Papertrey Ink

24 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. Like the frame with the writing a lot. The teachers apple is great. Thanks again for your comment.

    Greetings ines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda these are superb!!! wow, that colouring is fabby and the masked apple is such a neat idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are gorgeous. This is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards, girl. stunning coloring on kraft. just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Belinda,

    Those frames are sooo lovely! Yep, I like it a lot with the sentiment on the side and love the way you fitted in the beautiful flower in the corner. Very, very nice cards!!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards Belinda! The poinsettia card is just top notch, absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belinda you are brilliant! I am so excited for this set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belinda I LOVE them both!! LOVE how you flipped the frame so the sentiment is on the side..and that masked apple so CUTE!
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are beautiful, love the christmas one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you have the poinsettia off the card in the corner -and the coloring is wonderful! I'll have to give it a try on the kraft!! and the text around the apple looks wonderful on your teacher card Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow love your Christmas card Belinda! The framed box sets off the poinsettia perfectly. I've got to try coloring on Kraft so I can aspire to be a master colorer too!!

    Both cards are gorgeous BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These ar really wonderful Belinda! I agree... love the opening for the sentiment on the Frame It on the side. Works perfectly!
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, those frames are fab! Love the little apple on text,a great teacher card, and love the offset poinsettia, lots of lovely detail to see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really liking your coloring on the kraft cardstock! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards, Belinda. I really like the poinsettia in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty cards Belinda! That Poinsettia is stunning & love the way the white embossed frame pops on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards, Belinda! That poinsettia is stunning! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What you did with these frames is spectacular! so very inspiring and I love the way you organize and write your posts!

    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are both so pretty! Love them:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. They're both totally fabulous. I love the frames and love how you used them. The coloring on the poinsettia with the yellow outline is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. superb masking technique. love both the cards but the poinsettia one came out just adorable. thanks for creative tips too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Is it called 'thinking outside the box' when you rotate the box to get a great new look??? Whatever it's called, it is wonderful on your card, and your technique descriptions are great- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you turned the frame on it's side--I never would've thought to try that!

    ReplyDelete