Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Birthday Wishes

I'm horrible with on-time birthday wishes. Absolutely horrible. Don't get me wrong - it's not because I don't love my friends, just always late. This year I vowed to be on time... so I've had my cards made a month ahead of time, sometimes even more. But that doesn't mean the card gets sent on time... I pretty much gave up with the summer months (sorry guys) and I figured I'd just start over with the fall birthdays.

I've used this layout before and it's fun to create the taller layouts. For this card, I wanted to not use a white base and use white as my accent color. Just a different twist to the usual. I embossed the roses in white and then sponged some white ink in the flower centers.

Happy Birthday W! May you have a fabulous one!

Stamps: ( Roses in Bloom, Fancy Phrases) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Versamark from Tsukineko
Embossing Powder: (white detail) Ranger
Cardstock, Fibers: PTI
Tools: (decorative edge scissors) Provo Craft

19 comments:

  1. so pretty! beautiful white roses on the pink, fabulous design, too. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Belinda. I love the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the worst when it comes to actually mailing something out Belinda. The WORST. It's a terribly bad habit and I need to break myself of it.
    These flowers really stand out in white and make this card a showstopepr. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda this is LOVELY!! So so pretty!! I too waving wildly am HORRIBLE at getting things sent on time.. I will have a gift 2 months and still be wrapping it the day it needs to go! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly a work of art, and such a lovely twist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I love images embossed in white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you highlighted the flowers. I'll have to try that. Great colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the dabbing of ink - very classy color picks too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you highlighted the flowers Belinda, I might have to case this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we cardmakers are uniformly awful about sending cards in a timely fashion.

    This card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the effect you achieved by sponging white onto the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. those flowers are fabulous!!! Isn't it funny how we all love to make cards but they are never on time? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! Love the colors:)

    ReplyDelete