Monday, October 4, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps October Preview - Day 1

Welcome to the first day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps October Release previews! The DT and I will be sharing projects over the next several days featuring FIVE new stamp sets that will be available for purchase at the Waltzingmouse online store starting Thursday, October 7th. This is such a fun release -- lots of great all-season sets and fun Christmas sets!

Be sure to check out Claire, Anya, Bonnie, Jennifer, Joan, Julia, Laurie, Lisa, Lynn, Mona, and Sandie who all have fabulous projects to share with you! A huge welcome to both Joan and Sandie who are the latest addition to the WMS DT!

I have two lovely Christmas cards today. To get in the mood, I kept singing Christmas tunes. My husband kept complaining at me when I'd sing "In the summer we can build a snowman, and pretend that he's a circus clown". Whoops... it felt like summer... However, I was told that if I'm going to sing Christmas tunes before December, I should at least get the words right. :-P

Compliments of the Season Card

The first card showcases 3 of the brand new sets: Big Blooms - Poinsettias, Compliments of the Season, and Text It.

When I first saw the poinsettias, I just knew I wanted them to be felt. I stamped the bracts (or the colored leaves) and leaves onto some felt. The flower of the poinsettia is actually grouped inside the yellow structure in the middle of the leaves. I used a fun vintage looking gem (colored with my copics yellow) to serve as the poinsettia flower.

Felt takes a little longer to take in the ink. Keep the stamp on a little longer than you would paper.


Season's Greeting Star Card
For this card, I wanted to show how you can incorporate the sentiments from Compliments of the Season with other fun sets. I pulled out the lovely star from Seasons of Love - Tags. Season's Greetings fit in there perfectly and I used some of the star embellishements from Compliements of the Season as well.

Both of these cards and sets are perfect to use to participate in the Moxie Fab World Jolly Holiday Greetings Challenge. Have you started yet your Xmas cards yet?

Thanks for stopping by today! :)



Compliments of the Season Card
Stamps: (Big Blooms - Poinsettias, Compliments of the Season, Text It) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: (Dark Chocolate, Chai Tea, Chamomile) Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Dotty Biscotti) Papertrey Ink
Color Medium: Copics
Fibers: (brown twill) May Arts, (felt)
Accents: (gem) Bazzill, (doily) Wilton


Season's Greeting Star Card
Stamps: (Compliments of the Season, Seasons of Love - Tags) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: (Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate) Papertrey Ink, (straw) Tim Holtz
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper (365 Degrees) Papertrey Ink
Fibers: (twine) May Arts
Accents: (button) Papertrey Ink, (pearls) Hero Arts
Tools: (corner rounder) We R Memory Keepers

28 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda - these are lovely. I can't decide which I like the best. I love Poinsettias, but I kinda like the simplicity of the Christmas Star. Brilliant.
    Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOh yummy cards Belinda!!! The felt is soo cool and i love the wee pearls on the wee tiny stars!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful. Can't write more, my little girl is climbing around the study... dangerous amd lots of fun to her. Greetings ines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Belinda - I've never used felt, thanks for the tip on stamping it. Don't you just love how these sets all work so well with each other :) Great job!!

    p.s. - Thanks for the welcome, I'm really looking forward to working with you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards. love the felt poinsettia and the fab designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fantastic Belinda. Your designs are always innovative and inspiring. Every time I see a doily on a card, I have a "DUH" moment, and remember I have these in my stash, but always forget to use them.

    p.s. I love your little thumbnail photos next to your supply list. I may have to steal that idea the next time I do a multi-card post. GREAT idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cards Belinda! Love how you stamped the sentiment on the paper doily & that felt poinsettia is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH boy do I love your cards!!! Fantastic~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards Belinda! love the felt poinsettia! so bold and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, Belinda! I love how you stamped on the doily - I never remember to do that! I thought 'felt!' when I saw those poinsettias too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, Belinda! I'm thinking about felt more these days, too...must be the cooler weather. It's so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belinda Both cards are gorgeous. I've been looking for ideas for my mother's Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing.
    Sharon in Dayton OH

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are so lovely! Love that huge felt poinsettia - so bold in color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Using felt for the Poinsettia is such a great idea! And thanks for the tip. Who-da-thought it would take longer for ink to transfer to felt than paper? Not me.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belinda both cards are LOVELY!!!! So cant wait to see all the PEEKS this week!!!
    I LOVED your version of the song! HA HA!! :)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous stuff Belinda! Looking forward to seeing the full sets!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! I especially love that second one, the colors and twine are great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oo love the felt flower and stamping technique. i see a doilies and vintage inking - niiiice job :) the season's greeting i love - the simple but yet special look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Love the felt flower, and the stamped star, both so pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards. I never would have thought to stamp on felt. Very cool effect. I also love the pearls on teh bottom card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your first card caught my attention right away! I love that huge felt poinsettia! What a great pairing you did on this card with the doily and the sentiment. It's just perfect and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What elegant cards!! I want those!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards! Love your use of other materials like the felt and crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. GORGEOUS cards girl!!! Thanks so much for playing along with my WCMD challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Belinda! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Jolly Holiday Greetings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete