Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You Inspire Me

It's been pretty warm out here. Warm falls mean warm winters which means wet winters... I hate wet winters. I'm really hoping for some cooler weather soon. 70's in late October just seems wrong... I've got some cutey patotie cardis that I'm ready to wear...

That said, it's been REALLY hard to make holiday cards right now... I want bright happy pink flowers on every card! ;-) So today we have a fun little card with some hot air balloons!

I loved hot air balloons as a kid. For some reason, I remember my mom trying to get me into one and I freaked out about it. By the time I was ready to get on the hot air balloon, they were closed for the day. Alas, a lost opportunity as I'd love to go on a hot air balloon ride now!

The balloons are colored with Copics and then cut out. They're adhered to the card with some dimensional adhesive to add a little depth to the card as well.




Stamps: (Up Up and Away, Dare to Be You) Verve
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Coloring Medium: Copics
Cardstock, Fibers: PTI
Tools: (corner rounder) We R Memory Keepers), (texture plate) PTI

23 comments:

  1. I love those hot air balloons. They are sooo bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those baloons are so so so precious!!! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so that sounds like a perfect anniversary date. DID YOU HEAR THAT, BELINDA'S HUBBY? (did he hear me?!) ok i tried...

    love the card :) fun and cheery - the texture plate is hot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belinda,

    Oeh, love balloons as well and these are sooo pretty! Love the colorful card you made with them, so nice!! Were you in a balloon? I was, floating over my city, one of the most amazing things I ever did!
    Wishing you a lovely day!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! Love it. Thanks for sharing. Haven't commented for a while, but still here every day. Have a fab rest of the week. Enjoy the day. Greetings, ines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Belinda. I so want to color like you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love how you colored the ballons and popped them up! Enjoy your warm weather it is getting cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous just gorgeous!! Love the colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hot air ballons look wonderful against the blue of the card Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful little card Belinda, love the soft colors, and those balloons are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Belinda!

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. Have a good night, or day, what ever daytime now is over at yours. Here is it half past nine in the evening.

    Greetings ines (o:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Belinda! Love the dimension you added to the balloons and the bright happy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this Belinda! Those balloons are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK. I LOVE this card. The balloons are gorgeous, beautifully colored, and sooooo cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love those balloons and the colors. Beautiful!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. i can't stop staring at this! gorgeous, gorgeous card, Belinda! LOOOOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Belinda! I love hot air balloons and this really captures their beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous Belinda!! You have inspired me!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the hot air balloons! The colors are gorgeous and dimension is perfection! Thanks for all your support and sweet words! I had been meaning to stop by and congradulate you on winning the perfectly pleated challenge! I was so excited for you when I saw your super cute turkey! Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! Love balloon images, they are so jolly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is lovely Belinda. The colors are just right.

    ReplyDelete
  22. SOOOO fun!!! I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete