Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gift holder card

So one more gift card to share! I think this is the last one for 2009. THANK goodness. Remind me next year to start these holiday preparations earlier. Although I say it every year, I never do anything until the last minute...

So the hubs and I went shopping the weekend before Christmas. And lo and behold, EVERYTHING we wanted was sold out. One of the gifts they still had in stock in the warehouse, so we had that shipped directly.

For the other one, well, we had no choice but to do the gift card route. So what better thing than to package it up in a cute card?

Even the hubs conceded that it was a fun way to gift a gift card. :)

I still had Colorful Christmas on my desk so that's what I used! Even though its for a guy, I think its not too girly, right? Oh well... I'm really bad about keeping girl colors out of guy cards. I figure just a purply pink little never hurts anyone.

You can actually pull either side and the gift card will appear. I just only wrote pull on one side as to not confuse.

There's just some dimensional adhesive on the top and bottom of the panel. And the gift card piece slides right in! Easy peasy!

I tell my hubs that this is how I put my engineering degree to use. Hah.


Stamps: (Everyday Classics) Papertrey Ink
Paper: Bazzill, (Colorful Christmas) My Mind's Eye
Other: (Gems) Hero Arts, (Scallop punch) Fiskars,

5 comments:

  1. I think it's a wonderful use of an engineering degree!

    Great gift card and not too "girly" at all.

    I might be stealing your design since all my family wants these days is gift cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love the vibrancy of it. Excellent use of the engineering degree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and bright! A super gift card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the paper and colors, such a fun way to house a gift card! Congrats to your husband, what a great achievement! Your holiday card is very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think of all the money you saved on wrapping paper!!! LOL. I think your gift card holders came out great, so cute- still can't believe you made them all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete