Friday, January 22, 2010

Chair

Man, as I'm typing my posts up in advance, I just keep thinking that I'm really bad about posting my cards on time. However, it does give me good blog fodder for those weeks when I'm out on business.

Ok, so this is another card using Furnishing Fun set from Schlosser Designs. Such a fun set! So many possibilities and so many things you can do!

So let's go over the fun things you can do with this card.

1. Try running a comb over the stamp once you've inked it up. It gives it a fun wooden look! Isn't that neat?

If you mess up it's ok. Just stamp it anyways. I like doing this image in 2 swipes.... once for the top of the chair and once for the feet.

2. I used the 2 different sized flowers for a neat background. I stamped the larger flower in brown and used white on the smaller image to tone it down a little.


Stamps: (Furnishing Fun) Schlosser Designs
Paper: PTI
Ink: PTI
Other: (Ribbon) PTI, Distresser, Paper Piercer

17 comments:

  1. I love the comb idea! I've never thought of doing that to add dimension. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea....now to buy a comb:) Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that stamp set, going to have to try the comb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Belinda! I love chair images and had never heard of this stamp company. When I checked them out I was amazed. I love that stamp set! I want it for the chair and the pear (both of which I collect!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun stamp Belinda - great tip on using a comb after inking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!!! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belinda I LOVE it.. what a FUN idea with the comb... gotta try that!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card and great idea with the comb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Belinda and the comb trick is soo neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the distressing. It has a vintage feel to it that I just love.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I love your idea about the comb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well aren't you KEWL!! Love the comb idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Belinda - this is so pretty - looks like leather with the distressing! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool technique with the comb Belinda! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who knew a chair could looks so good? Nice!

    ReplyDelete