Saturday, December 26, 2009

Money Card

Hope everyone's enjoying the holiday season! :) Isn't it just nice to be with family and friends?

This is just a fun little card that I created to hold a check (could also hold some dollars as well). While this card is very season specific, it could easily be modified for any other season. For instance, house warming, graduation, weddings...

I just love cards that have a fun little surprise in them! I'm a big fan of pocket cards and other fun surprise cards. Too bad I don't always have the time or the energy to make them that way. Haha.

I got some glassine bags - they hold money just as well as they hold food. ;-) I embossed it with some lovely dots... although glassine is super thing so there were a few rips when I tried to open it. Just have to be super careful! I also covered the small rip with the paper. I don't think I'd try embossing if I was actually going to put food in it. The blue piece of paper fits right in and I placed a little patterned paper on the bottom to hold the check in place. Also stamped the sentiment on the bottom so they see it when they remove the check.

I actually originally only had the eyelet punched without the patterned paper. And then I ripped the edges when I tried to thread ribbon through... so I covered my boo-boo with some patterned paper and then just threaded silver thread though. I wasn't going to try ribbon again. ;-)

The little eskimo girl and the paper are all from the Colorful Christmas line from My Mind's Eye. Isn't it adorable? :) My husband says it looks like me... maybe that's why I LOVE this line so much. Haha.

Anyways, hope you all are having a great holiday season!



Stamps: (Everyday Classics) Papertrey Ink
Paper: (Raspberry Fizz, Spring Moss) Papertrey Ink, (Colorful Christmas) My Mind's Eye
Other: (Snowflake punch) Martha Stewart, (Gems) Hero Arts, (Scallop punch) Fiskars, (Decorative scissors)

9 comments:

  1. That's so funny, I was thinking "That looks like a little Belinda!" even before I read the part about Brian making that comment. She's totally cute and I enjoy how the dotted paper looks like snow too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belinda, hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    Love your pocket card, the image is so sweet and gorgeous papers too!

    Hugs, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is TOTALLY fun! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I love pocket cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutest pocket card EVER!! I love the colors and the great embellies. I hope you had a wonderful holiday, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so cute Belinda with the cute eskimo and the embossed envelope - what a pretty pocket card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that???

    Answer: Very, very cute.

    I would never have know about your mistakes if you hadn't pointed 'em out. Great saves!

    ReplyDelete