Thursday, November 4, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps November Preview - Day 1

Welcome to the first day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps November Release previews! The DT and I will be sharing projects over the next several days featuring FOUR new stamp sets that will be available for purchase at the Waltzingmouse online store starting Sunday, November 7th. This is such a fun release -- lots of great all-season sets and even more fun Christmas sets!

Be sure to check out Claire, Anya, Bonnie, Jennifer, Joan, Julia, Laurie, Lisa, Lynn, Mona, and Sandie who all have fabulous projects to share with you! 

Today I'm going to feature cards from the fabulous new set called Festive Foliage.

I'm going to admit I have a love affair with gold and kraft. I also have a love affair with Perfect Pearls. My husband likes my love affair with this new medium as it means less glitter in the house... I'm sure you all can relate. ;-) 

For this one, I stamped the pine tree pieces with white pigment ink. Because pigment ink stays "wet" for a bit, I was able to carefully swipe some perfect pearl in gold onto the edges with my small paint brush. Can I say, I LOVE the look of it? The closeup shows it in much better detail.

I carried over the images onto my tag image (since its propped up with dimensional adhesive the close up view I have makes it look "off" but really its just the angle I did that camera shot). The gold strip on my tag is created with some scor-tape and gold perfect pearls (have I mentioned how attached I am to the stuff?).


When I started writing this post (at the last possible minute of course), I realized that all my cards used a combo of gold perfect pearls and kraft... to save you all from my sad obsession, I'll save those two cards for later in the week so you don't get sick of me. ;-)

Therefore, at 9pm, I scrambled to try making another set (since none of my other release projects are ready yet either..yay for procrastinators). I figured this is perfect for those of you who perhaps like to wait til the last minute to start those Christmas cards? ;-)

I took a 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper and cut it into 3 pieces of 3.5 by 8.5 giving me a card that's 3.5 by 4.25. Perfect little mini cards. I stamped and embossed the mistletoe image and colored them with my Copics. Each berry then has a gem center and I then covered the entire thing with some glossy accents. To add another bit of color, I added a border to my cards as well. 

The only thing I changed between the three cards is the sentiment - I used "kisses", "be merry" and "peace". Claire jam packed this set with images and sentiments!

Rather than bore ya'll with slightly different versions of the same card, I went ahead and made the othe two smaller. You can always click on any image on the blog for a larger view.

As a side note, since I was running late and my bedtime is normally 10pm (yes, I'm an old fart), I really wanted my glossy accents to dry so I could photograph these cards. So doing what any normal lazy person does, I used my heat gun to apply some heat. While it worked for 2 of my cards, one of them did cause some major bubbling in my glossy accents. So lesson learned - wait an hour rather than applying heat. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by today! :)






Compliments of the Season Card

Stamps: (Compliments of the Season, Festive Foliage) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Ink: (white pigment, Dark Chocolate) Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: May Arts
Accents: (gold perfect pearls) Ranger


Mistletoe Card set

Stamps: (Festive Foliage) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: (white, Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink, (black) Bazzill
Ribbon: (twill) Papertrey Ink
Coloring Medium: Copics
Accents: (gems) Hero Arts, Glossy Accents
Tools: (border punch) Fiskars

34 comments:

  1. Belinda

    These are brilliant. I love the way you added gold on the kraft card - gives a lovely sheen. And the mistltoe set are simply fab!! I can see this becoming a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My collection of perfect pearls needs to come out. Gold on kraft is gorgeous! Great idea. And the next 3 are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Belinda. Can't wait to see all sets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you've done with Festive Foliage, Belinda. And for me, there can never be too much kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belinda, beautiful blog and gorgeous cards here! I adore those mistltoe cards! Great job with that design and the perfect colours! Can't wait to see more here this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Belinda - these cards are truly fantastic. I love your two toned effect on the pine needles...it really is a big WOW factor.

    I love your mistletoe cards as well - a great example of how you can do the same card, but yet change it up too. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab cards, love the effect of the gold perfect pearls just touching the edges of your branches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun cards Belinda! I want this set already! Thanks a lot! :0) Hope you got your rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Belinda - you do work magic with those perfect pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty cards Belinda! Love the shimmery pearl accent and the pop of red berries with the Mistletoe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you stayed up late, Belinda! The white cone sprays with dusted gold tips are just *gorgeous*, what a beautiful effect! And I love the fresh, crisp mistletoe trio ... all really lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEEEK LOVE the gold tipped foliage AND The trio of mistletoe!!! Gorgeous Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards, Belinda! I love the gold brushed onto the tips of the white! I can't wait to see your other Kraft and Gold cards! Nothing boring about that attoll!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards. I love the Perfect Pearls and the simple design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I will have to try out the perfect pearls, which I never used. I will have to dig them out for this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belinda all the cards are FABULOUS! I LOVE I am not the only procrastinator! HA HA!!! :)
    Have a GREAT day.. cant wait to see the rest of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love them both! I too have made the heat mistake with glossy accents and was not a happy camper! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards Belinda! love the gold and white stamping and your mistletoe's look so fun colored in and glossy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing awesome and gorgeous, Belinda! I love both of these! Magnificent work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, so I'm suppose to comment on the projects, but Holy 80s...is that a Rubik's Cube? LOL...great projects, Belinda. I especially love the gold and kraft combo. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are absolutely gorgeous cards!!! What a fun stamp set you used. And I love the rubix cube. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simply so elegant! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! your first card is just stunning, girl! so so so elegant. love the color combo and design. perfection! and the set of cards are so cute. such beautiful images and your simple designs are fabulous! LOVE them all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow. I never would have used gold with kraft. I LOVE it! I wouldn't be bored by more, so bring it!

    The other mini-cards are really fantastic too. It's a great new set for sure. I do believe I'll add 'em to my list.

    Thanks for letting me know about the Glossy Accents and heat. I hadn't tried that, though I've thought about it. BTW, the stuff (and Stickles) will remelt after it dries if you heat it (inadvertently) with a heat gun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! Love the little scalloped edge on the second card and also what's very pretty is in the first card, that the pine thingies go over from green to gold, looks very lovely!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  26. The gold tips are fabulous. Thank you for telli ng us how to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards! I love the pinecone and pine sprigs. Looks lovely with the gold tips!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  28. Man you are awesome Belinda! I've got pots of perfect pearls stashed away from my "grunge" days so I can't wait to pull them out and try this technique. Awesome.
    And I hear ya on the patience factor with glossy accents. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE the gold tips on the pine needles. Thanks for the idea and instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous cards Belinda! I really love the gold you added to the pine needles....looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful, really really beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  32. so sophisticated.. and so fun! the gold on the pine needles is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  33. guess what I ordered after reading this post? Yep - my own dose of perfect pearls. You and Anya are responsible for that addition of supplies!

    love how the card looks so elegant. the mistletoes are fun CAS cards. love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I wasn't sure about the mistletoe until I saw your cards. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete