Saturday, November 20, 2010

Love you

My hard drive died recently and with it, all my craft pictures. Since I travel often and usually with only a few day's notice, I have a pile of cards that I use for blog fodder when I'm not around. So for the next few weeks blogging might be a little slower as I need to build up my arsenal of fodder again. I'm also slowly reinstalling all my software. Sigh...  As a public service announcement, be sure to backup your files! :) Although the only thing I really didn't back up is my craft files and I managed to recover most everything else.

Luckily I have the entire next week off -- woohoo for Thanksgiving! :) Although given the state of my little abode, I'm spending most of next week cleaning and then the rest cooking and then cleaning up after my cooking mess. Ah, Thanksgiving.

With the recent holiday stress, it's nice to remind your friends and family that you love them and all the talk about Thanksgiving/Christmas is just temporary. I'm pretty sure my husband wants to rip his ears out right now and would prefer I talk about things aside from turkey. Perhaps I'll give him some earplugs for Christmas...

This is a simple quicky card with a little stamping and some scraps.  I added some pearls to the swirls and to the scalloped border. I really love the look of stamping over stamps but I just don't do it enough. Perhaps that should be remedied.

Anyways, have a great rest of the weekend!

Stamps: (Sweethearts) Waltzingmouse Stamps, (Flourish, Polka Dot Basics 2) PTI
Cardstock, Ribbon: PTI
Accents: (pearls) Hero Arts
Tools: (border punch) Fiskars

16 comments:

  1. Lucky you, a full week off, so dreamy, just like this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Belinda! So sorry to hear about your computer and files! Have a lovely week off and Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE your card!!
    The design, the colors! Hmmmmmm...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, love that heart with the swirls & pearls!

    Enjoy your break! I work 'til Wednesday, then have a out of state family wedding on Saturday, so not much time off for me! Oh, well, there's always Christmas... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY! LOVE your gorgeous card! have a happy Thanksgiving! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful. I really like the pearly swirly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch so sorry bout your computer! They are tempermental things aren't they? Love this sweety sweet card Belinda! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! I sure hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and get you computer all straitened out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Belinda,

    Very nice card, love the colors, it splashes of my screen!! So sorry to hear about your computer problems, these machines are very handy, but at times... Good you got back everything else and luckily your crafting photos are also on your wonderful blog here!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belinda I LOVE the card! SO CUTE!!! SORRY about the computer!
    YEAH for Thanksgiving and Xmas. (ear plugs for hubby.. .hmm mine may want some too! HA!)
    Hope your weekend was GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is beautiful! I love the red and pink together.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card this is Belinda! I love that heart with the swirls, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Belinda! Sorry about your computer woes, hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about your hard drive.

    The card is wonderful. I like the swirls with the heart.

    ReplyDelete