Thursday, November 11, 2010

Christmas Thank Yous

Before we begin, I just wanted to remind everyone that today is Veteran's Day. Thank you to those who have served, to those currently serving, and especially those who have given their lives for our country. May God Bless you and your families.

I don't know about you guys, but I still write Christmas thank you notes. My husband tells me every year that there's no need to bother but I still feel like it needs to be said. And I'll be honest, every year I forget one or two people.... but not this year as I decided to start my Christmas thank you cards early!

Maybe it's just me but I hate make the same card twice. I'm not a mass producer. If I'm using the same layout, I'll try using different colors. If I'm using the same image, I'll use different layouts.  I picked one of the images from the set Around Christmastime and did 3 different layouts with it.

One of the things I've noticed is that people tend to like interactive cards. So this year, I opted to do some as pocket cards. I used some glassine bags I have and trimmed the edges with my decorative edge scissors. And then I went to town.

They're all different in their own way -- Sometimes I inked the edges.
 
This one used a touch of a lace doily.

And who says you need a sentiment? Sometimes its the inside that counts!  (Ok and I couldn't figure out a good place to add the sentiment so sue me). 

Thanks for stopping by!





Stamps: (Around Christmastime, Frame It, Fancy Phrases) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock, Patterned Paper: PTI
Accents: (gems) Hero Arts, (doiles) Wilton, (stick pin) Making Memories
Tools: (dies) Spellbinders, (1 3/4 inch circle punch) Fiskars, (scallop border punch) Fiskars

27 comments:

  1. These are so lovely, Belinda! Love the pocket cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be even more gaga over this if it is summer now, but sigh... as it is... it's gonna look this color outside soon !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are so beautiful!!!!!
    Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the sentiment could go onto the pull part of the card. but they are gorgeous. great idea on "producing" but not "mass producing"

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty. I love the doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - love the color scheme. Darn, I knew I should have ordered Around Christmastime! And yes, absolutely, thank you cards need to be sent. I think we all appreciate it when we receive one, especially if the gift was mailed (then you know it got there). I send thank yous for birthday, Christmas, hospitality received, whatever warrants a thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty!! I like that they're kind of "january-ish" so it's not like getting yet another christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely as ever! Thanks for sharing. Greetings ines

    PS: "Your Ballooncard" got very nice comments on my blog. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful project. love the fresh colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great cards Belinda! I love the light blue, the doilies and the vellum bags - the receivers of these will have to send YOU a thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are amazing! I love the colors you chose, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's fabulous you want to say thank you with a card, it's something that's getting so lost in our culture! Love these, and I'm the same way, hate mass producing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belinda, these are just GORGEOUS! Love that they're in glassine bags, it makes them extra special! I'm not a mass producer either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the glassine bags, the doilies, the blue snowflakes. All so pretty. I wish I were as creative as you - I'm lucky to come up with one design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous ensemble! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so beautiful and elegant! I still write thank you notes too after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so soft and pretty Belinda! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea. These are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the glassine bag idea. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are absolutely gorgeous, the colors are sooo pretty! And I still send thank you cards, too. And I have my kids do it as well. I think it's a great thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cards are fresh and frosty! I love your idea of making pocket cards with the glassine bags. I am not a doily person but the way you have used them is changing my tune!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I *love* this! Doilies plus glassine bags... 2 of my faves. I used glassine bags for my Christmas cards last year and am debating if I can get away with doing it again this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeousness! I love the glassine with the color scheme. So where do you get the little bags???

    ReplyDelete