Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Joy

Happy Hump Day everyone (or almost Hump Day, depends on when you actually read this)! Hope your week is going well so far!

Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I've finalized my Thanksgiving Menu! :) Every year I pick a somewhat healthy menu and the hubs and I battle it out. He tries to make it more fatty and I try so hard to hold my ground. 

So excited that I managed to hold my ground somewhat this year -- we'll be having a lentil and carrot salad and a butternut squash barley pilaf in lieu of bread stuffing. Some mashed taters and green beans should balance that off nicely (no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my hubs to let go of those for something fancier). Oh it's going to be fabulous.

I wanted to do a swiss chard and sweet potato gratin which sounded amazing, but I got talked out of it for a simple sweet potato gratin. While I know my hubs will eat swiss chard, last year, none of the other guests touched the chard - which is fine cos it's more for ME! (I adore swiss chard, actually, I adore my greens in general). However, the "me me me" mentality isn't exactly the spirit of Thanksgiving so I took out the chard (so sad).

Anyways, enough of my food woes. I have another fun card to share with you all. 

This is just another quicky card that I created using Festive Foliage. If you look closely, you'll see that the card front ends with the gold edge. The brown you see peeking through is actually the back of the card. I find these cards just kinda fun. :)

While I made this card for Christmas, it could totally work for other occassions. If you changed the sentiment, you could make this a card for any season - birthdays, thinking of you... the possibilities are endless.

Stamps: (Festive Foliage, sentiment from Vintage Ornaments) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: (Gold, Cream, Brown) PTI
Ink: Versamark, (brown) PTI
Embossing Powder: (gold) Ranger
Fibers: (ribbon) PTI

22 comments:

  1. so very elegant. stunning card, girl! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I'm with hubby on this one...Thanksgiving is the one meal I refuse to eat healthily! :P

    LOVE your card! That edge is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is fabby. love the lil gold and black - pure elegance. hey - invite me over. i'll eat your swiss chard. i adore my greens too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Belinda. And your thanksgiving menu sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! That image is so classic and you showcase it well! Your menu sounds delicious! Great balance too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Sounds like a great dinner, I love Swiss Chard too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lentil and carrot salad sounds wonderful! Especially when I saw that it included cumin. Carrots and cumin are a match made in heaven. Your card is gorgeous - love the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your menu sounds yummy! Love your card, the gold edge is stunning and I love all the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so elegant! I love the gold with the black. Gorgeous!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! You're making wish I'd ordered that set ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is beautiful Belinda!! And your thanksgiving menu sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belinda I LOVE your card it is so PRETTY!! Your menu sounds YUMMY! (I like Chard too- sorry it is out this year..you got next right!HA!!) we on the other hand are going all out BAD! HA! I will workout first! LOL!! or 2nd.. or probably both! :)
    Hope your having a GREAT Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is black...I mean brown-tie elegant! So lovely. Definitely an idea to keep in my back pocket. I can hardly wait to get the Festive Foliage stamp set and your fabulous card makes me more impatient!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card.

    Want to share the lentil recipe? That sounds yummilicious.

    ReplyDelete