Sunday, July 25, 2010

WMS August Preview Day 2 - Halloween Candy

Welcome to another day of WMS previews! Make sure to check Claire's blog for some fabulous eye candy and also be sure to check out the following ladies: Anya, Bonnie, Jennifer, JuliaLynn, and Mona (our fabulous new DT member)!

Can I just say that I LOVE Halloween? Growing up, we never really did much and actually any candy I got from trick or treating was confiscated. Actually, maybe that's why I love it so much now as an adult. Have you noticed that things you weren't allowed as a kid, you absolutely love now? Probably explains my unexplained love of pizza rolls...

Ok, enough babbling, let's get started!

The best part about Halloween? The ability to eat candy and give others candy! This new Waltzingmouse set, Midnight Feast, is absolutely perfect for packaging some fun Halloween goodies! I think people will be seeing lots of fun Halloween packages from me this year! ;-)

Card Details:

The images in Midnight Feast are absolutely fabulous and there's a fun background building star border! So fun! The stars are stamped and then embossed with a holographic embossing powder -- so it is a little sparkly in real life.  I colored the lovely witch with my copics. I added a little shading as well to give her some interest. I did run my glitter pen over her dress to give it a little more sparkle. :)

Candy Wrapper Details:

Yum! I wrapped a Hershey's chocolate bar with some patterned paper. To add a little visual interest, I wrapped the orange paper  (with the star bg stamped in VersaMark) at a diagonal. When I wrap any candy package, I normally place the paper over the object to wrap, draw marking lines in pencil and then scor. This way I can just make any wrapper fit when I need it (and I'm too lazy to measure the object). The toughest part was actually getting the ribbon to stay at a diagonal as well.

I love my clear glaze pen and I ran it over the bats for some fun raised texture. I love the glaze pen for smaller objects. :) So fun!

Remember, there's lots of goodies from Anya, Bonnie, Claire, Jennifer, JuliaLynn, and Mona (our fabulous new DT member)!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

19 comments:

  1. what a cracking set Belinda! so fresh and i love all of your wee touches like the glaze pen!! Zingy colours!! Perfect, Thank you! ooh and how you coloured the witch, must do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy Belinda! Love the bright orange & purple color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and wrapper Belinda! Yep those bright colours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun set Belinda! I love the colors you used on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I love this Belinda! Fabulous colours and I'm properly spooked lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute little set. love how you made the background

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack! Halloween stuff already?! Just kidding...I'm just protesting all the back-to-school stuff in the stores! :P These are super cute creations...I love Halloween, too! Yay for candy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Belinda...your card is wonderful and your candy wrapper is so creative with the on-the-slant belly band. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, candy! LOL I love the card and candy wrapper, perfect for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing the different variety of things you can create with these sets, right? I love your projects and the colors you used are terrific. I love that yellow with the purple and touch of orange. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is superb. thanks for the tracing/scoring tip for the wrapper. i usually measure everything out like crazy. and your fun color scheme makes it so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who'da thunk a Hershey bar could look so fantastic? You, obviously! Wonderful gift idea!
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT design with that awesome color scheme and the stars...love how you colored Wanda and how her hat just pops a smidge out of the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic, Belinda! I love the colors together - the purple and yellow look great. Snazzy candy wrapper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Wow. Wow. I love the yellow and purple together. Great treats. That witch is fab-u-lous! So is that wrapped chocolate bar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome combination of colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous colours Belinda, and I just love that little witchy on a broomstick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving your clean and simple approach to these Halloween cards/projects, especially the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ACK!!!!! This is purely incredible. I am so going to be CASEing this Belinda. Awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete