Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Oh happy day! It's Friday! :) I sat down earlier and just wanted to play a little with Celtic Heritage from Waltzingmouse Stamps.

I've been seeing lots of fun emboss resist cards out there so I figured I'd try my hand at it. I've never done it before because I'm a "neat" stamper. I don't like unfinished edges. Even distressing stresses me out a little. Haha. But everyone's gotta live a little, right?

The clover is embossed in white and then sponged over with some spring moss pigment ink. I've learned a few things though through my trials... (1) A paper towel works so much better than expensive sponges and (2) Definitely ink off first to avoid ugly splotches of ink and harsh lines.

Other tip, don't try paper piercing once the darn sentiment piece is already adhered with dimensional adhesive... I had a scrap piece of paper that I used to cover my oopsies. Thankfully it works ok, I think... ;-)

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I never would have known you had to cover a "mistake".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, so pretty! Love the embossing.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Belinda, you'd never think there was a mistake hidden somewhere!! LOl, it just looks liker perfect colour co-ordination to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love that it is so clean and simple, but it packs a punch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Belinda!! I'm like you - sponging, distressing makes me hold my breath a bit but your card is just lovely!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the fresh clean feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the green you've chosen, so soft! It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, fresh feeling card:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this design, very elegant! Great job with the emboss resist tech!

    ReplyDelete