Monday, February 15, 2010

Compose a Card 3 with Becky

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! Yesterday was Chinese New Year, and being the horrible Asian that I am, I forgot it until reminded by a phone call from home. So no fish or dumplings in this household. :-P In any case, nian nian yo yu to all (basically "may you have plenty every year" or yu is a synonym for fish so "may you have fish every year").

Ok, the colors of Becky's Compose a Card 3 scared me to pieces. I like terracotta with spring rain and I like raspberry fizz. But now you want me to put them TOGETHER? Well, I figure I don't get many chances to make cards, so I might as well take the crazy challenges. Hah.

I love my flower stamps but I also like making my own flowers. So I figured for this challenge, that's what I'd do. I punched some 3 inch circles (give or take) and embossed some polka dots. The great thing is that since I was going to cut it up a little, the embossing didn't have to be perfect. :)

I took the circles and cut spirals and rolled them tightly. Once I finished rolling them, I let go and since I had rolled so tightly, they didn't give too much. I applied some glue to the base and now I had these cute little paper roses.

The frame is stamped with Very Vintage Labels No 4 from WMS. I adore that set. Can't put it down. I opted to cut a frame this time to give it a fun look as well. A few pink gems, swirly gems and a sentiment later, I called it a day. :)

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE those flowers, and the bling is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paper roses. I have tried making them but mine just don't seem to work out right. Definitely going to give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Belinda those paper roses are terrific! What a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are amazing. I need to give those a try. Awesome card.

    nian nian yo yu

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! I love the paper flowers!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those cool flowers! What a great card! And the framing around the sentiment, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your polka dot flowers Belinda! they look wonderful along with the gems!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your roses are absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!! The depth and texture! This is totally a WOW card. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so BEAUTIFUL! I love those polka dot roses and a big, huge CONGRATS on being in the top spot this week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Gorgeous everything!

    Jennifer L

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on being in the Top Three this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely! The roses are fabu!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Those flowers are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The color combo turned out great and I love the roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! Your card is beautiful, and your handmade embossed roses are sooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this on Becky's blog and had to hop over and tell you how awesome it is!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on this color challenge. You rocked it.

    Those roses are fantabulous. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card ........ I have to try those roses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh My Good Lord. Belinda~~~this is amazing!! So in love with your card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sending me this link. Your card is beautiful, and I just love those roses.

    ReplyDelete