Sunday, February 7, 2010

Compse a Card with Becky

Ok, post 2 today because I really don't feel like watching the Super Bowl... make sure to scroll down for my other post!

Haha, I think I had a rough time with Compose a Card with Becky. Becky, you place a lot of restrictions on a girl! First off, we had colors to go with, secondly we had to follow a cutting list. If this isn't all enough there's scoring and flowers involved! Talk about challenges!

And depending on how you squint, this is the same layout as this week's CPS sketch as well. :)

So I figured I'd try out Becky's challenge once and see what I felt (after all, she did sing to me so I feel like I owe it to her to try!). Let me tell ya, this card took me FOREVER to make. I don't know what it was... I like flowers, I like scoring, I like twine, I even like the colors... Maybe its just because it's Becky's challenge. ;-)

Ok, so onwards... I stamped the flowers from Friends til the End in Hibiscus. I own no flower punches -- that needs to be remedied but I tend to prioritize stamps over punches... I decided that I didn't want to score the 5 lines only 1/4 inch away from each other (gasp.... it's not in my nature to follow any challenge to the T - what fun is that?) so I scored them on a diagonal and 1 inch apart. I didn't go all the way... I drew a light line in pencil on the back so I'd stop about 1/3 of the way down.

I found a scrap piece of thin paper that was just barely wider than the ribbon and I felt like that helped to offset the scoring more than just the ribbon. Glued my scrap paper down and spent a little time fiddling with my ribbon.

I stamped just "Friend" originally but then after playing some more decided that I needed just a little more so I very carefully stamped the bottom. I know it doesn't photo well since my light source is coming from the top...

Ok, Becky, bring on the next one! This was fun - I'll have to play again! And knowing me, I won't do such a good job following instructions next time... it's rough following instructions!

13 comments:

  1. I really like it. It's very fresh. I'm also a little afraid to do Becky's challenges. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card! I love this crisp, clean look. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. I love it! Your CPS card is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The white and white is fabulous, and I love the scored lines on the top! I love the color choices too! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!!! I LOVE this, one of my faves and you do great work all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job, sounds like you had fun with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *gasp* This is the most incredible card I have ever seen Belinda. OMG. You are a true genius. You MUST submit this to be published somewhere so the whole world can see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the scoring and all of the details on this card! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Belinda!! You did a FANTASTIC job on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! I love the white and how all the other colors just pop off it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. That card is stunning. I really love that scoring at the top.

    ReplyDelete