Friday, August 7, 2009

I'll Never Forget You!

Hope everyone's having a terrific week!

This is just a fun little card using Elly and Friends. I actually had this card sitting on my craft area for the longest time. I couldn't figure out how I wanted to finish it off. Do you ever do that?

I really wanted to stamp Elly onto a fun patterned paper. She's just a delight to paper piece! :)

For some fun texture, I ripped my cardstock to give it a natural feel. And to help her "remember", I gave her a little string on her nose. Heehee! Elephants never forget though!

I think my own crafty downfall is using black or brown to do my supplemental highlighting. I just can't use other colors it seems! I just love the way it brings out the color though! :)

I also own a LOT of black cardstock (thanks to my favorite crafty roommate who made a scrappy book for a friend of hers). At least I think that's where the black cardstock came from...


Stamps: Elly and Friends (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Paper: PTI (Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Everyday Blessings)
Ink: Pallette Noir
Accessories: Ribbon (Offray), Tag Punch (EK Success), Border Punch (Martha Stewart)

15 comments:

  1. I have a friend who always uses black on every card, it really sets it off nicely. The Elly looks great in paper piecing. Hope the string helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute! I love all the little details--the string, the hint of a black border, the paper piecing--everything. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card- I agree black can dress up any card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Belinda -- I love all the little details you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card... the layout and the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is ADORABLE! I love the forgetme not, KNOT about the trunk. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the knot around the trunk.

    Such a cute image and card. I love the paper-piecing.

    Black sets off everything so nicely. It's my "go to" mat layer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Belinda! I love that set... it's one of my faves. What a cute idea to tie a string around Elly's nose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo very sweet I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Duper cute! I love Elly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO cute!!! I love this little elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is sooo CUTE Belinda.. love that elephant!! and the black is PERFECT here.. you know the funny thing .. I never use it.. but I think I am gonna try just that on a card this week! :) You have inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete