Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Birthday TSG!

Wow, I can't believe August is almost over! Where does time go? It's still insanely hot here but it's supposed to cool down this weekend (thank goodness). Speaking of "thank goodness", I think the last of my bed bug bites are gone! I've been obsessively scanning our bed for bed bugs in case they hitched a ride home with my luggage (the hubs thinks I'm crazy -- but it grosses me out to think that I was bitten by bed bugs in my hotel bed). In case anyone ever thinks traveling for work is "sexy", I'll gladly show pics of my bed bug bites. ;-)

Ok, onto things that make me happy! Jessica challenged us to make some bday cards (TSG17) and I decided to ink up my newest TSG set Branching Out. Love this set! :) So fun to play with!

I decided to go with a nice cheery birthday card. Since I'm always behind with cards, I figured it was time to do spring bday cards! Haha! Maybe I won't be behind NEXT year. Wishful thinking...

So onwards with the card deets! I love using tags as part of my card. It's just a fun way to add some design. And it also keeps me from sticking with my straight layouts. For some reason, I'm ok with slanted tags but not other things! Haha!

I added some pearls as well, which I tinted pink with my copics. In hindsight, I might have tinted them a different color to stand out more. Eh, hindsight is 20/20! Since I didn't have any great bday sentiments with my TSG sets, I pulled out an old classic, Birthday Basics.


Stamps: (Branching Out) There She Goes, (Birthday Basics) PTI
Paper: (Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate, Cream, Bitty Dots) PTI
Ink: (Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate) PTI
Accessories: (Tag Die) Sizzix, (Pearls) Hero Arts, (Button) Making Memories, Twine, (Border Punch) Martha Stewart

7 comments:

  1. Belinda, how did you make those tiny holes along the bottom border of the card? I love them! Such a nice touch. Is it a punch?
    Also, love the tiny pearls on the tree...you are so good at details girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card! Love the color scheme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love this card. The pearls are the perfect touch to that gorgeous tree.

    However, I'll be staying at a hotel on Sunday. Now I'm afraid. Very afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous, I love everything about it! Fabulous choice of colors and layout! Thank you so much for playing in the TSG Birthday challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful! I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete