Monday, August 24, 2009

RSCC15 - Thanks so Much

Hope everyone's having a great week so far. The hubs and I are just chilling (each in front of our respective computers... such dorks I know!)

It's been awhile since I've had the time or inclination for that matter to play in the color challenges but I decided that I needed to get back into stretching my comfort zone. :)

So I have just a fun little card to share today with this weeks Raspberry Suite Color Challenge! We were to use melon, cream, moss, and a med pink. Hmm... such pretty colors until I saw how BRIGHT hibiscus actually is. And I just wasn't feeling bright tonight so I tried to minimize it to be just my accent colors (ribbon, flowers, sentiment)

I stamped one of the images from Life repeatedly in both Hibiscus and Melon Berry onto some cream cardstock. I added some leaves in spring moss just so it wasn't a sea of pinkness! Also to give it some depth, I stamped each image twice so you see some "lighter" flowers.

I used some fun ribbon I had laying around that I felt was very close to the Hibiscus color (and I couldn't find any hibiscus ribbon... the horrors! I will have to fix that on my next order). Stamped my sentiment on some hibiscus paper and popped it on!


Stamps: (Life, Out on a Limb) PTI
Paper: (Hibiscus, Moss, Melon Berry, Cream, Bitty Dots) PTI
Ink: (Hibiscus, Moss, Melon Berry, Cream) PTI
Accessories: Ribbon

11 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the layered look of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool, different LO Belinda. Your little knot bow makes me smile.I would never have thought to put hib. burst with melon berry, but it really works! I am scared of this challenge, but your card has me feeling confident that I can do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great flowers and wonderful elements. Way to rock the color combo out!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the color combo on this and your LO is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just going to have to pull out my life set again! Your card is WAY CUTE!!! I think adding the green leaves was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Great color combo and card design.

    ReplyDelete